Weather layout problem

Hello
I am wondering why in my work layout wich contains 5 regions, two of them are weather forecast and time and date, when is scheduled it showes for three times. I allready check all regions and all durations are set to 1 sec and first is set to 15 sec, but it showes this layout for three times and I can see when it blinks and start over…
Regards

P.S I am hopeing that You understand me :wink:

P.P.S
I just nottice that I am unable to edit forecats modules on dashboard, drop down menu is empty?!
Is it because I am in evaluation period or??

Right, with durations as you described, your layout should be displayed for 15s (the longest duration) and then whole layout should reload - or move to another layout if you’ve scheduled other layouts as well.

Perhaps have a look here:
Understanding Media Duration and how it affects the playback of a Layout

That’s because you do not need to edit anything there if you’re using Spring Signage cloud hosting.
Normally you’d need to register with darksky and get the API key which you’d then enter on the modules page to start using weather widget, but with our cloud hosting it’s all done and pre-configured for you.

Thanks for reply
Yes exactly as You described, it doesn’t move to another layout but instead it run for two times more and then goes on next layout.
I just prepared 6 layouts for demo purpose and on each I checked Sceduled now and I put fo 24h, is that regular way or I shuld create new Campaign?
Or I just remembered that I edit same layout for few times end each time I click Scheduled now, could that be reason for displaying it for three times?

Also I nottice that player showes layouts on random way, is it ok or I can choose wich goes first and then second etc…

Thanks!

I had a look at your schedule page about 2h ago, there were quite a few events scheduled, which probably could explain the behaviour of your display.

ie there are multiple events with the same layout scheduled to be displayed with the same priority, which would explain why you see the same layout couple of times before it switches to the next layout.

What I’d suggest is:
Clear the schedule page for that display (Navigate to the Schedule page, select your display and delete all events),
Create a Campaign (or edit existing one) and add all your layouts to this campaign,
Navigate to the Schedule page again, create a new event,

If it should run for a long time, you can enter start date (today) and end date far into the future without repeat,
Select the displays and your campaign,
Save the event.

Thank You

You are excellent ! Great :wink:

Now I checked Schedule page and it is empty, so as I can understand now when I create new layout and on it i click Schedule now and select devices he starts to show, and as I can see it goes every day without creating any campaign or Schedule list.
So for future what is Your suggestion to me, to create Campaigns and ad it to schedule list or just to do like I described (create new layout and Schedule now)?
Regards !

P.S.

My mistake again…
I am learning on every second, Yes I now see schedule list and I am starting to understand how it works.
Sorry

Your schedule page is not empty.

ie either select your display there or ‘All’ to see all scheduled events.

It would be better to create a campaign, add layouts to it and create one long running event for it on the Schedule page.

Hey, I just create new campaign, and next question is can I easely update this campaign with new layouts because when I lunch this project in first days I assume that I would daily added new layouts and then I should be able to add those on that campaign.

Thanks!

Yes, you’d navigate to the Campaigns page, there you can easily assign and unassign layouts from the campaign - and you don’t need to do anything with the scheduled event.

Great
I have one more question (i hope :wink: )
This one i regarding to bandwith, when device connect to CMS ( in my case every 30 min or less), and there is no new layouts, does player download same layouts or only when there is new one?

If there is new layout scheduled to that display, player will download all required media, layout information when it connects to the CMS. All layouts/media files that are already downloaded are cached in the player local library ie there is no reason to download them again, unless you make changes to your layout then player will download those changes - How do Players communicate with the CMS?

:flushed: :gift:
I will check all FAQ emmidiately !
Thnx

Hay back

Regarding on my earlier post for triplicate layouts, after what I create new campign I nottice that now all layouts shows for double time, I just check status of my player, and I notice that in schedule status say All layouts: 23,23,15,15,29,29,18,18,22,22,23* So it is obbviuse that player showes layouts two times or?

It is like that, because you scheduled two events ie probably duplicate events:

Same campaign scheduled on same two displays two times, hence you have what you have on your players.

Please delete one of those events and leave only one, then it should be fine.

Side note: YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm
is not a correct php date, as it reruns something like 2017201720172017-FebFeb-1515 1212:0202

you might want to change that to Y-m-d H:i:s
which will return 2017-02-17 08:45:57

Oh
Probbably date format is what made me trouble…
Thanks for Your patients with my problems.

You are champ!