Version 1.8 windows client player still has gap between videos and video can not scaling?

Hi, I am using a windows 7 64 bit laptop testing XIBO version 1.8

The client player still has gap when switching videos and video can not scaling.

are these issue could be avoid in some way?

Thanks

Unfortunately that is not something we’ve been able to improve in this release - video switching is still limited to the processing power of the device Xibo Player is install on.

I checked the previous bug report in Github, It seems like Android version might solve the scaling or stretch video to any size. But I do not have a Android device on hands, so, I am not sure about this.

For video play problem, as windows client is using .net, therefore, I am also wondering, if I could change the player to use Chrome browser? or Make all of my videos embedded into html5.

Chrome could support MP4 and WebM, not too bad.

Then, in Chrome, I think the stretch problem should be easy.

Thanks for your reply.

My laptop is using an i7 cpu, I would say it is good enough for windows platform.
Do you have an example device that would avoid the switching problem?

I was trying to check the windows client player source code.

But it has too much missing library or dependencies after I opened the project from Visual Studio 2015 Community.

Could you give me some idea to set it up correctly.

Thanks again.

I wasn’t suggesting your laptop wasn’t powerful enough for the job, just that we are switching videos as fast as we can within the current architecture of the software.

It is a full player rewrite to do anything different, which is why we couldn’t tackle it in this release.

The video stops, is removed, and replaced with a new video - the time between those things is what causes the delay you’ve seen.

Under the hood we use WMP to play video, and that does not support stretching outside of the aspect ratio - this is possible in Android. You cannot use the Chrome browser - only internet explorer via the WebBrowser control.

If you want gapless looping of 1 video, you can set a duration on it which is greater than the video duration and then tick the loop option that appears. This will give gapless looping.

Thank you for providing so much details.

1 Like

Hello, Dan!
Unfortunately with both Windows and Android player I can’t reach gapless looping with one video. There is always a black gap. Also, I’ve tried to use Fade-In and Fade-Out transitions to make that gap smooth, but something is definitely not working for me with transitions.
Is there any else workaround to loop short video?
Thank you!