User's layouts not shown after upgrade

We upgraded to 1.8.13 and now when the user goes into the control panel and selected Layouts nothing is shown. I have verified the layouts are in the database/layouts table. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Please check what filters are being used in the layouts general and on the advanced tab.
It’s possible one field there is not cleared and it’s better to add something there and delete it then to make sure.

I checked and there are no filters set. I have added a couple of test layouts and they appear fine. The old layouts done prior to upgrade just wont show up. I cannot see them nor can my user.

Now that I am looking all of our campaigns won’t show up either. I verified they are in the database.

Do the layouts appear for the Super Administrator?
Also can you please confirm what Xibo version you upgraded from?

No both of us are super users and they dont show. We upgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.8.13 manually. Had no issues during the upgrade.

Can you please check if the missing layouts are showing in the Templates section?

Yes I see them there.

Ok so you just need to edit them in the Templates section by deleting the template tag and they will show again in Layouts

Okay that seems to work. So what was/is the issue then?

It’s due to the fact that in previous Xibo version such as 1.8.13, the system didn’t discriminate so clearly between layouts and templates. For ex, now you cannot publish a template, only layouts. If someone used a previously template by accident instead of a layout, it would have worked exactly as a layout would, so they were templates all along. 1.8 and later makes the separation more clear.