Uploading Video File

I’m trying to upload a 500MB video file to the CMS but I keep getting the “abort” message. I’m using the current Xibo 1.8 docker release. the CMS says that “This form accepts files up to a maximum size of 1999M” I have been able to upload a 200MB video successfully.

How long does it take to upload that video?

Judging from the upload speed, it seems it should be done rather quickly.

Are there any errors logged in CMS or on your web server?

the upload is very quick because the server is on my local network, it looks like its uploading fine but at the last moment when it looks like its uploaded it says abort.

I checked for any errors under the “Logs” section but there was noting recorded relating to media uploads - just warnings of empty regions in layouts

I just tried a 700MB file here on a local Docker install and it went in fine:

Could there be a proxy server or anything between you and the CMS?

Hi Alex,
No there isn’t a proxy, the computer running the CMS is just on the LAN as i’m doing some testing.
Thanks, Henry.

Without seeing the machine in question I can’t say for definite I’m afraid.

Uploads of files of that size work on all the CMS instances I have access to here. Perhaps try destroying your containers and running them fresh (that won’t loose any of your data).

docker-compose down

and then whatever command you used to bring them up the first time, typically docker-compose up -d

I’ve just run those commands but now I can’t access the web interface…

What was the output of running those commands?

C:\xibo-docker>docker-compose down
Stopping xibodocker_cms-web_1 … done
Stopping xibodocker_cms-db_1 … done
Stopping xibodocker_cms-xmr_1 … done
Removing xibodocker_cms-web_1 … done
Removing xibodocker_cms-db_1 … done
Removing xibodocker_cms-xmr_1 … done
Removing network xibodocker_default

C:\xibo-docker>docker-compose up -d
Creating network “xibodocker_default” with the default driver
Creating xibodocker_cms-xmr_1
Creating xibodocker_cms-db_1
Creating xibodocker_cms-web_1

I have just tried it again and it loaded but its lost all of my settings and layouts

If you look in the current working directory, there should be a folder shared and inside that, one called cms/library.

In there should be the library files for your CMS. Are your media items there?

Theres things in there but not my media - will I have to start again?

So I think that explains it.

When you run Xibo in a container, it stores all it’s persistent data outside the container on your local disk. So if you upload your video now, you’ll see a coresponding file created in the cms/library directory.

The container you were running before wasn’t linked to the local filesystem and so probably what happened is you ran out of disk space inside the container which is why you were getting that error.

Yes, I’m afraid you will need to start again, however now (assuming you see your content appearing in the cms/library directory), you can be sure it’s being saved correctly.

OK thanks for your help Alex - the data must have been stored in the container then. I’ll make sure I can see it int he cms/library directory next time !

1 Like

Hi, I also have a problem when I uploaded a video, I set the default in php.ini the limit in 128mb, but loading I always error.

I have installed custom installation in ubuntu server on lan, my connection is by default to https.

What can I do? How can I fix?

Likely your webserver is preventing large file uploads. Request entity too large comes from the webserver not PHP.

If I try to upload via ftp in the folder /library the .mp4 video, I can use it through the media panel?

No you can’t. You need to fix you webserver configuration.

Bonjour, je rencontre un problème avec les images de plus de 1920 x 1080 , Xibo met la mise en page en erreur, je ne sais pas ou je dois changer une valeur pour pouvoir diffuser des images en haute résolution.
qui peux m’aider ? j’ai un xibo cms 2.2.1 sur un serveur virtuel windows 2016.

Merci pour votre aide

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.