Upgrading Xibo for Docker from 1.8.9 to 2.0.0 problem

I am attempting to upgrade my Xibo for Docker to 2.0.0. I know more than half of my problem is not knowing the Linux environment, but I’m learning as I go along. My biggest frustration at the moment is trying to understand the upgrade process. I have read other posts and a couple links that I came across, but I am missing something somewhere and I just can’t figure out where. My Xibo install is pretty vanilla. It has only been in testing at the moment before we spend money on the Android client. I’m not concerned about losing anything since it’s a test environment, but I still need to learn and understand the process going forward if we choose to use Xibo. I have followed this article:

https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/upgrade-xibo-for-docker-install

I have also followed another article (can’t locate at the moment) that walked me through backing up the DB, downloading the package from the github URL (I replaced the file name that referenced 1.8.9 with the 2.0.0 install), and ran through the commands docker-compose stop, docker-compose down, docker-compose up and I am still at 1.8.9 so I have to be missing something simple that I have not read somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
H

1 Like

Hello Friend!

Try this manual:

Upgradig process is shown at the end of this page.
All works pretty cool in this manual - we are on 1.8.12 using this information.
We are using https (LetsEncrypt) also.
I hope that 2.0.0 will upgrades too. But we are waiting for 2.0.1 with no bugs, because we run commercial project, may not experience any riscs.

Best regards,
Nick D.

Yes Upgrading from Xibo 1.8.12 to 2.0.0 is also fail. Even after following the official Xibo upgrade doc

The Linux/Docker update is not hard.

Download the docker-files
Extract the files
Copy the files in your Xibo-Folder (/opt/xibo/ in my case)
Start a terminal from this folder
docker-compose stop
docker-compose down
docker-compose up -d
After that you should have 2.0.0

Regards

Gustel, Thanks for the assist… I missed the first three simple steps.

Can you confirm the exact Linux commands to do the following:

Download the docker-files
Extract the files
Copy the files in your Xibo-Folder (/opt/xibo/ in my case)
Start a terminal from this folder