Upgrading 2.2.3 to 2.3.0 - issue

Hey!!

When I upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.3.0 then I always get the Screen: “The CMS is temporarily offline due to an update. Please contact your system administrator for information. Try to reload the page in a few minutes.”

Downgrading to 2.2.3 works only by restore the database with latest sql and not just replace the compse files and config.env. You have any idea??

Thanks Mark

If you have a particularly large database it can take a long time to run the migrations between 2.2.3 and 2.3.0 - maybe several hours in extreme cases.

You could truncate your log table ahead of time to speed things up, and also consider whether you need all of your proof of play stats and/or audit logs.

If all of those 3 tables are already small, perhaps it is something else and the output of docker-compose logs would be useful.

I waited some hours to upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.3.0 but it did not work. All upgrades before worked easy. Is it possible to send you the docker compose logs via private Message?

Yes of course - please do so.

OK wow, so this is the issue:

cms-web_1 | == 20191205180116 AddPlaylistDashboardPageUserMigration: migrating
cms-web_1 |
cms-web_1 | In PdoAdapter.php line 134: 
cms-web_1 |
cms-web_1 | SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'edit' doesn't have a default value 

Which we already know to be a problem - but I thought it would only effect MySQL 5.7 installs.

I can see you’re running mysqld 5.6.35 from the logs, so I will update the issue accordingly

I’ve built a staging container which you could use in place of the release-2.3.0 container in your docker-compose.yml file.

It contains a fix to the above issue and you should be able to upgrade. Youll likely need to do a docker-compose pull after making the change.

ok , but i do not know exactly what to do. No Problem i can wait until release 2.3.1. Thanks a lot Mark

1 Like

thanks, with Release 2.3.1 it works again. :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.