Updating CMS and Clients

Hey there,

I was out of my company for a while, and now that I’m back I need to update all my players and CMS.

The current CMS is the 1.7.6 and my players are 1.7 (code 56 ~ 62).

Should I use the CMS 1.8.X if my players are all 1.7?

In the documentation, is recommended to update to 1.7.9 before an update to 1.8.9. Is there another detail that I should pay attention, or is just make this 2 updates and everything will work fine?

About the players… If I install the 1.8, can I still use the licenses from the 1.7? Or should I install the most recent 1.7 release?

I’m getting a lot of errors of “Player is missing dependencies”, but before investigating it any further, I want to make all those updates, maybe things will come back to work.

You can use 1.7 player (I believe that was R58 or later for android) against 1.8 CMS, preferably you will end up using CMS and player in the same series though.

Yes, potentially upgrade straight from 1.7.6 would work as well, but it will be safer to 1.7.6->1.7.9->1.8.9

Depends, if you have licence upgrades available, then you can install 1.8 on the player and it will automatically convert the 1.7 licence and upgrade to 1.8 licence.
If you don’t have upgrades available and no 1.8 licences available then you will not be able to licence 1.8 player against your licence pool.

I’d suggest to finish with the upgrades (CMS and players), if that will persist, then run the verify all on Modules page, restart the player application and see if it will be able to download everything it needs.