Unable to get default layout on players - new CMS install

I’ve just setup a new windows server, but can’t get the players to load the default layout.

I can see them in ‘Displays’, they have been licensed and show they’re connected. When they connect, they just get the splash screen, not the default layout.

What CMS and player version did you install?

Would be good to see a screenshot of status window on your client - press ‘i’ on your keyboard while Xibo has focus to show the status window.

Hi Peter,
The CMS and Client versions are 1.7.9
XAMP Control Panel os v3.2.2

I have attached/uploaded a screen shot of the client as suggested.

Could you please open php.ini, find this line
always_populate_raw_post_data -1 and make sure it’s not commented out (no ; before that line in php.ini)

After that, please restart your web server and client.

Peter, I have edited that line in php.ini
it is now working !!, thank you very much for your assistance

regards
Ian

Peter the server and clients are working well. But I have a minor issue on 3 client machines
I have 3 clients that I have installed the client software on and configured.
they are able to receive content from the server but do not appear in server display license area.
the client software has been reinstalled multiple times, clients are running .NET 4.5.2

your advice would be greatly appreciated

Perhaps check if each client has unique hardware key (Xibo player options -> advanced tab -> Display ID)
I added a new Player and it went straight to "Display is active and ready to start"? I'm using an imaged/cloned version of Windows and all my Players show up as the same display in the Xibo CMS?

I assume there is at least one display record on displays page in CMS, otherwise you couldn’t grant them a display licence - which means other clients most likely have the same hardware key.