Unable to display German ARD News Livestream

Hi,

is there anyone able to launch the live stream of this link using the embedded widget?
https://www.ardmediathek.de/daserste/live/Y3JpZDovL2Rhc2Vyc3RlLmRlL3RhZ2Vzc2NoYXUvbGl2ZXN0cmVhbQ

The stream may be displayed only from within Germany so the longigute/latitude settings for the player and CMS must be set to e.g. 48.1459 / 11.5757 (Munich).

I found this old post and I wonder if that could be the reason:

Comma instead dot

I just tried what you suggested but to no avail. A still picture comes up:

When I enter the designer and preview the layout - no matter if checked out or not - it plays the stream instantly fine. It works also fine when I select the layout and click on “Preview layout” from the menu.

I set the UI to english, now a point shows up when I enter coordinates in the settings of all players.

This is a screenshot of it working on an R255 Player, which is set to 1080p but the URL is 720p which is why some of the screen is showing blank.

A layout has been uploaded to the following link for you to download and try on your Players: https://transfer.xibo.org.uk/cf19642eb1c8

Let us know if this works for you!

Thank you, now it works on three displays of the same model. I compared your and my layout and the reason seems that it must be written “edge” but not “Edge” (which I did so far).

The fourth system is another brand and it shows a still picture of the Tagesschau startup logo for a friction of a second followed by a blank white frame where the video should show up. There’s also no sound. When I open the live stream on that system from within the browser Edge it works well.

When i said it works I had been glad too early:
It works only once. The next time I play the layout it shows the initial picture as a still frame.
I scheduled another layout displaying a few pictures and then scheduled this layout again - it still shows just the initial picture of the tagesschau. When I click the preview button in the CMS it plays fine.

I check marked "Clear Cached Data " and “Reconfigure XMR”, rebooted the player, deleted the folder “Xibo Library” on the player, de-authorized and authorized the player.

I created a new layout with the following embeded html section:

This one works but unfortunately I need the German Tagesschau.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.