Unable to add content to layout

Hello,

We updated to version 2.2 last week and all was well, until this morning when I tried to update some content it now stops the layout working.

In the layout editor it will have a red ring around the images I am adding to the region, which it never did before so I’m just concerned as to why. They are relativley small JPGs so not sure why it’s doing it now.

This is obviously stopping us uploading content to the screens which is quite urgent.

Thanks,
Ben

Could I ask you to go to Library>Media and and click on Column Visibility and add Released, is there a Tick or Cross for that particular media file that is showing as a red border in your screenshot above?

What is the resolution set for that image and what do you have set for the resize threshold and limit in your CMS settings?

Thank you

Hi Natasha,

They all have a cog image saying “This image will be resized according to the thresholds and limits.”

The settings are what the default ones are set to when we upgraded, so Threshold is set to 1920 and Limit is 6000. The image comes out at 4000 x 2250 and I think I’ve just seen the problem. Should I raise the Threshold to a higher value so it can process the image?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben

We have identified a bug with the image resize task as detailed here:

A fix for this will be released later on in the day, in the meantime if you have access to the database of your install we would suggest changing the Released to 1 for those images and adjusting the limit and threshold to technically disable the resize process for now, so that new uploads won’t get set to be ‘Released’ as 0.

Once you upgrade to 2.2.1 the task will work correctly and you can adjust as you wish.

Apologies and thank you for posting!

Natasha

Hi Natasha,

Ah ok, that makes sense. I’ve made those temporary changes and the content is now showing.

I shall await the patch!

Many thanks for the assist.
Ben

Hi Ben

This has just been released:

Regards

Thanks Natasha, will get that updated today.

Cheers,
Ben