Trouble with database sync

Hello,

I set up some database that get JSON format data. I get data, everything seems to work fine.
But I’ve trouble managing the sync. I set up the refresh time to 1 hour but it didn’t work everytime.
Some times the refresh take a day to be done. Have you any idea of what I can do to repair this?

Version 1.8.12

Thank you for your message. An issue has been discovered with the syncing of datasets. Below is a link to the issue that was created regarding this behaviour:

The Development team are aware of this and will work on a resolution for a future release of CMS. My apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Many Thanks.

Thank you for your quick answer. It only occurs with Dataset view?
If I change in my layout to Ticker it will be fine?

The issue relates to the sync not consistently returning results, I tend to write in my reports the exact steps I took so the Developers can see what I created. It does not appear to be a Widget related issue.

The reason the Fetch dataset Task does not seem to return the data sometimes is because the Task appears to skip fetching as it is under the impression that the remote dataset is not in use. If you create a Layout that uses a remote dataset, it will not attempt to retrieve that data unless the Layout is scheduled to a Display. It seems that the Task will sometimes be under the impression that this is what is happening. The Development team will further investigate the cause of this.

I hope this helps to clarify the issue.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

Ok, but can we change the settings of the server to disable this function?

Thanks a lot, I tried so much stuff with no result now I see why :smiley:

Hello @DanBW,

I see that’s the ticket on github is close, have you fix this?
And if you have in wich version does it works now?

Best regards