Timezone reset with Android Player 2-201

Hello,

I think I found a bug in the android Player 2-201. The timezone I set in the CMS (Displays --> Edit --> Location) will be overwritten by the timezone defined on the player hardware (in my case the DSCS9). After a player downgrade to 2-200, the timezone setting is OK.

Bye,
Christian

Still the same problem with Player 2-202, the timezone will be reseted after some minutes.

Thank you for your message. The behaviour you are describing is correct, the timezone for a Display must be set on the device itself, not in the Edit Display option in your CMS. If you try to change the timezone for the Display in your CMS, it will default back to the timezone set on the device when the Display next contacts your CMS.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Sorry, but now I’m confused. I have never configured time, date or timezone on any of my DSCS9 itself. In the player profile, the option “Use CMS time?” is set to “true”. Than I configured the Timezone in the player settings:

That worked fine with all players including R200, but than changed with R201. After the Update to R201, my players resets the timezone. All my schedules, including the commands to power on and power off the displays, are not working at the desired time. All clocks show the wrong time.

Bye,
Christian