SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found

I’m trying to update from 1.7.8 to 1.8.4 and ran into this problem, Step #62 though it is first on the list. I have tried one of the fixes directed by Alex from a 2016 post to no avail. I do have a screen capture but see no way to post it here. The full error is as follows;

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘remoteField’ in ‘field list’

This was reported last week (Dataset Issue with Upgrade (1.7.9 to 1.8.4)), and logged as a bug here:

In the interim, you can upgrade to 1.8.3 first and then to 1.8.4 to work around.

As an aside, we recommend upgrading to 1.7.9 before trying to upgrade to 1.8 series, as that’s the most tested path.

Thank you for the quick reply. I did try searching on the error but was only able to find a post from 2016. I will try the update to 1.7.9 as you direct. Was this version ever made to a docker container, or did this not occur till the 1.8 releases?

Only 1.8 series has docker releases.

Peter and Alex,

Thank you so much for the help. I see 1.8.5 is released and addresses the issue I experienced trying to go from 1.7.8 to 1.8.4. The notes seem to indicate this release is for 1.7.9 to 1.8.5 but do you think it may work for me from 1.7.8? Additionally I have been prepping my VM to move from 1.7.8 - 1.7.9 but can’t seem to locate the 1.7.9 tar.gz. Any help is appreciated.

Never mind on the 1.7.9 tar.gz. I just located it on github… forgot to look by tag and now I have it. I would still be interested in hearing if you think I can upgrade from 1.7.8 to 1.8.5 though. Thank you in advance.

I think it should be fine from 1.7.8, we mention 1.7.9 as that the most tested route for upgrading to 1.8 series, that’s all.