Sign App for Philips Signage Display

Hello Support,

we would like to use small 10" touch-display’s as digital door signs and meeting room schedule displays. We are testing the Philips 10BDL3051T/00:

The benifit of the display is the integrated wall bracket, Android OS, and PoE. Xibo App is running fine and stable, but have no root access. I have contacted the Philips Support, and they wrote the following:

Root access is not allowed on our monitors.
If you did made the apk than we can give you special intents to reboot, update apk, send commands and sign the apk to get system priviliges.

Is that something you would like to work on with Philips?

well, no reply = not interessted to cooperate with Philips?

I’m sorry that got missed.

If Philips are happy to send us system signing keys, or alternatively will sign an app you send to them, then I’m sure we can arrange that.

The app is already able to upgrade itself on a system signed device, so it should be possible.

If you’d like to proceed, drop us a message over on our service desk and we can look in to it with you.

Thanks, I have opened a ticket.

Any news on this? I’d be interested to go down this path as well.

The R200 Xibo for Android Player has support for Philips devices.

There’s support for remote upgrade (from R200 to later versions), device screenshot, LED control and reboot. It’s noted in the release note here:

1 Like

hello, I use this post to report you another issue on this philips device.
This device use Android 4.4.4 (not updatable) and it cannot display rtsp video stream (local video in xibo).
Do you know if I can use another stream method in my layout??? If not this is a big limitation on this type of digital signage display.
Thank u
Pierluigi Fontanesi

Video Playback is down to the device’s firmware, so unfortunately unless Philips implement whatever codecs are needed, or offer a newer version of Android on these devices then it won’t be possible to make Xibo show that.

Thank u. I will try to send this information to philips italy to check if it’s possible solve this issue.
thank u

On our 10BDL3051T/00 video runs fine, no problem.

Edit: I missed the “rtsp”, sorry, that I have not tested, just normal video.

Is it an old Philips device? I know current models can update the android version.