Second display is not working with Xibo for Windows v2 R252

Before completing please check that the time, date and timezone have been correctly set on the device running the Player.

To be completed by the original poster:

Player Version

Xibo for Windows v2 R252

Issue

I’m having issues on Windows 10 Pro with the configured second screen being black. I can only hear the audio of the video and see the desktop with the menu bar without anything running on top. Same video played on the first screen with R252 is ok.
On R202 it was working fine.

I’ve reinstalled both clients XiboPlayer and XiboPlayerTwo
Still the same issue with the second display, the first one is showing the content, the second one the extension of the desktop. This is happening with the SecondScreen Profile I’ve set up this way:
Width: 1920
Height: 1080
Left Coordinate: 1920
Top Coordinate: 0

I’ve noticed today that the second display is giving the following error in the LOG:
PLAYER
EdgeWebMedia
Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs

Did you set a different Embedded Web Server Port in the second display profile too?

You need to make sure that’s unique for each instance of the Player running on a single machine.

Yes, I have two display profiles:
Windows: Embedded Web Server Port (9696)
Windows 2nd Screen: Embedded Web Server Port (9697)

On the display the only differences when I press ‘i’ are:
Screen 1:
LayoutId: 166. Runs from 01/01/1970 01:00:00
Screen 2:
LayoutId: 23. Runs from 01/01/0001 00:00:00

And the second display gives me the following LOG output:
14-04-2020 18:41 PLAYER POST ERROR EdgeWebMedia Cannot navigate. e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs

Can you try with say an image on the screen that is black just to check if the Player is running properly?

I’ve used a black image with some dots in the middle.
The image 133.jpg is present in the Player Library and is the correct one. The console ‘i’ shows that the xlf playing is the correct one:

<layout width="1920" height="1080" bgcolor="#000" schemaVersion="3" enableStat="0"><region id="642" width="1920" height="1080" top="0" left="0"><options/><media id="914" type="image" render="native" duration="10" useDuration="0" fromDt="1970-01-01 01:00:00" toDt="2038-01-19 04:14:07" enableStat="0" fileId="133"><options><uri>133.jpg</uri><align>center</align><enableStat>Inherit</enableStat><scaleType>center</scaleType><valign>middle</valign></options><raw/></media></region><tags/></layout>

On the second screen, same by requesting a screenshot, I see only the desktop with the menu bar on the bottom.

Same issue on R253 by the way.
Did anybody test the two display setting with this new version? Is it working on Windows 10 Pro?
If yes, then I will reinstall the whole system from scratch. Maybe the previous Xibo Player R202 (which I’ve uninstalled completely) has left some files somewhere.

Xibo for Windows v2 R254

Finally solved the issues with the second screen!!! Now it is not black anymore and on the correct position.
Thank you.

I am currently using v 254 for a single display.
As with the topic owner, I have seen the following errors occur:.

Cannot navigate.e = CefSharp.LoadErrorEventArgs

The player is operating normally.
At the moment, this is the only topic you can search for and find with this error, so I’ll leave it here.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.