Screens not updating

Hello,

When updating the media the screens do not get updated even though they are set at 15mins. I have to restart the client. Everything looks correct so not sure where to from here.

Client for Windows 1.8.18
Server 1.8.9

There appears to be an error message on your status page, but not all of it is included in the screenshot above. Can you post another screenshot or reply with the full error message please.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

The full message is

Layout Change to C:\Users\user\Documents\Xibo Libary\2.xlf failed. Expection raised was: Collection was modifed, enumeration operation may not execute.

The error you are experiencing does not provide enough information as to what the cause is. If you can set your Player to create a local log file, then try updating the Player again to create a record of what is happening, you can then send me this log privately so I can take a look. Instructions on how to do this are below:

• Select Display Settings in your CMS and click the down facing arrow at the end of the Windows Display Profile you are using with this Player. Choose Edit from the drop down menu.
  • You should now be in the Edit Profile window. click the Troubleshooting tab and enter a location for the log file into the Log File Path Name field. I would recommend using the local Xibo library to store the file. According to the error message you posted, this means you would need to enter C:\Users\user\Documents\Xibo Libary\log.txt into the field. According to your post, it states that the folder is called Xibo Libary (instead of Library). Make sure that the folder is indeed called Libary instead of Library.

After you have set this up, attempt to update the screen as you have before to make sure the issue is recorded to this file. You are then welcome to send me this file in a private message.

Many Thanks.

That was a typo in Library in the error message as I couldn’t copy and paste the error message I was working from RDP session, oops.

Interestingly the TVs are now just stuck on the xibo splash screen.

I set the log level to Error, yet no txt file is created is that the correct level, do I need to enable anything else?

My apologies for the late reply. You will need to set the Log Level to ‘Audit’ and restart the player once this has been saved.

Once you have restarted the Player, I would recommend closing the Player and checking that the file has definitely been created.

Once you have confirmed that the log file does exist, attempt to update the Display. this will ensure the issue is captured. You are then welcome to send the Log file to me in a private message.

Many Thanks.