Scheduling using dayparts

I’m trying to understand the daypart scheduling better.

Typically we’ve used single schedule items for multiple days. That’s an easy schedule; start here, end there.
Now one of the departments would like to have a different layout during part of the day( eventually it could be 5 different layouts). I’ve made dayparts for:
Morning 0500-0800
Workday 0800-1600
Drive time 1600-1800
After hours 1800-2200
overnight 2200-0500

I want Notices and Calendar to display Morning, workday, after hours and overnight. I want Notices and map to appear during drive-time.
If I do a schedule with a daily repeat, the items build up in the calendar. If I don’t schedule a repeat, it only plays the first day.
And to top it off, the department wants 4 layouts for the weeks of the month so that they can edit next week’s layout without affecting the running layout. can I schedule an end time if I choose dayparting?

How should I be setting this up?

As I understand it, you don’t want the repeat with the daypart.

So you’d schedule

Start: Monday Week 1
Finish: Sunday Week 1
Daypart: Drive Time
Layout: Map

You can’t right now though - see below.

Your Notices and Calendar are essentially on all the time? So in that case, don’t use a day part at all. Just schedule

Start: Monday Week 1 00:00
Finish: Sunday Week 1 23:59
Layout: Notices

Start: Monday Week 1 00:00
Finish: Sunday Week 1 23:59
Layout: Campaign

I think there’s a bug where you’re not seeing the Finish box in that configuration:

I remember discussing it with Dan and Mauro a few weeks ago but can’t find reference to it, so it may already be fixed in the current development version, I’m not sure.

They want to use a specific layout from 1600 to 1800 (maps) and the notices layout the rest of the day. If at some point they may want a different layout in the evening,

I should have quoted the above layouts. They’re “Notices and Calendars” and “Notices and Map”.

I’m going to try to set one for all day, then set the other as a priority at 14:00. We’ll see how it goes.

I’ve spoken at length to Dan about this and I had misunderstood how the dayparts work.

When you schedule with a daypart, your event applies to a single day and cannot span multiple days, except where you use a repeat.

So to get what you want will be a bit more complex than my first reply.

So say you have Notices Week 1, Notices Week 2, Notices Week 3, Notices Week 4 layouts, and your Map layout.

Create campaigns for Drive Time Week 1, 2, 3 and 4, containing the Week layout, and your map layout.

Eg: Campaign Drive Time Week 1:
Layout - Notices Week 1
Layout - Map

You’d schedule as follows, using priority to override anything else that is scheduled during the drive-time daypart:

Campaign: Drive Time Week 1
Daypart: Drive-Time
Start: 20th Feb
Repeat: Weekly every 4 weeks
Priority: 1

Start: 21th Feb

Start: 22nd Feb

Start: 23rd Feb

Start: 24th Feb

Campaign: Drive Time Week 2
Start: 27th Feb

Start: 28th Feb

Start: 1st March

Start: 2nd March

Start: 24th Feb

and so on for week 3 and 4.

Then, create a campaign for each week - eg “Week 1 Default”, containing your Notices for that week and calendar - eg “Notices Week 1 and Calendar”. This will then show at all times when there isn’t a priority layout in force. I’m assuming here a 5 day week, but you could alter it to 7 very easily. I’m also assuming that the Calendar is self-updating, rather than something that is updated week to week, but if it were the later, you could easily make 4 calendar layouts and include them in the weekly campaign.

Then schedule as follows:
Campaign: Week 1 Default
Daypart: Custom
Start: 20th Feb 00:00
Finish: 25th Feb 00:00
Priority: (empty)

Campaign: Week 2 Default
Daypart: Custom
Start: 27th Feb 00:00
Finish: 4th March 00:00