Schedule Status: Sleeping | Required File Status: Sleeping

Good Morning!

Hope you guys can help. I’ve had a little perusal around the forums but previous posts for this problem haven’t fixed my issue. I saw a post from the beginning of April about this and suggested adding registry keys for IE which I did, but still doesn’t display regions.

I’ve got a background image which displays fine, but I’ve got a region in front of that with a clock in it which doesn’t display at all. When I press “i” to get the client info, there’s no errors but just says “Schedule Status: Sleeping | Required File Status: Sleeping (inside download window)”, I changed the times for download to 00:10 and 23:50 as suggested in another post, but still no joy. Could it be the region playing up and not set correctly?

I also can’t push out new layouts either, it’s almost like the client can’t talk to the CMS, but also can in a weird way, if that makes sense? I can ping the Xibo server from the client machine so it knows it’s there. In order for me to display new layouts, I have to schedule the layout, close the Xibo client and open it up again and then it would display the new layout. Any ideas on that one?

Every folder for both Xibo server and client have read\write access to the libraries, so it’s not that. Have unblocked everything through windows firewall, just in case that’s causing aggro. Got any suggestions for me to make?

Many thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben,

It’s not the download times, you should change that back to default.
It’ll almost certainly be missing files in the CMS library. Could you please run the module verify all?
In terms of pushing new content, you are almost certainly using long media durations so the content is updating but not being shown as the existing version is still running - try changing the durations.

Let us know if that will help you.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me. Have changed the download times back to default, I’ve also made the duration of everything to 5000 seconds, unless that’s still too long?

Got another query when uploading images\videos. When I upload them to the library in says “SyntaxError: Invalid character”, but uploads the content fine, or so it would seem. Could this be a reason it is not working correctly?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben,

Regarding media durations and how it’s affecting the layout playback please have a read here:

Now regarding:

It means that there was a fatal error during upload.
Could you please go to Report Fault page in your CMS (check if everything there is ticked or if you have any positions) then → turn on debugging → reproduce your issue (try to upload something) → save log file → send it to us (upload created .txt to dropbox or similar and give us a link here)

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the layout duration info, will look over that carefully!

As for the .txt file, I’ve uploaded it to my OneDrive here:

http://1drv.ms/1cn2qTn

Hopefully that should let you see if at least.

Thanks,
Ben

There are a few odd errors in there…

<errormsg>Invalid argument supplied for foreach()</errormsg>
<errornum>2</errornum>
<errortype>Warning</errortype>
<scriptname>C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xibo\lib\service\xmdssoap4.class.php</scriptname>
<scriptlinenum>426</scriptlinenum>

This is probably why your players are not updating - that line number is where the CMS is trying to work out which files are required for your Player.

It is immediately preceded by Data Class: Error Number [-1] Error Message [Unable to find layout], which is means a simple select is failing and I have no idea why.

There is also this:

<errormsg>unlink(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xibo\library\temp/Xibo Digital Signage Default Splash Screen 1366x768.jpg): No such file or directory</errormsg>
<errornum>2</errornum>
<errortype>Warning</errortype>
<scriptname>C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xibo\3rdparty\jquery-file-upload\XiboUploadHandler.php</scriptname>
<scriptlinenum>38</scriptlinenum>

Which is causing the error when you upload media. I suspect that the webserver does not have permissions to delete from your library folder - you will need to try and grant those permissions.

As I have not idea on the first error - perhaps we can look to fix the second one as a start… on the off chance they are linked.

Hi Dan,

I’ve gone through and added permissions to everything that I can see Xibo would need access to, am I just doing this on the server side of things or for client machine as well? Or is it just the standard windows folder permissions?

Thanks,
Ben

Just the server side - there have been some issues with this and IIS before - you could try a search of the archives, I believe the previous OP solved it

Hi Dan,

I had a look through the forums to try and find any IIS issues but the ones I came across didn’t fix my issue, I may go back through the install process and double check everything is set correctly as I haven’t had this SyntaxError on previous installations. I will get back to you once I’ve done that.

Also, in regards to what Peter wrote here:

I have run the Module → Verify all and a lot has an X next to it, one being the Clock. How do I go about enabling them?

Thanks!
Ben

Hi Ben,

You’ll definitely need to fix your permission issue first (which you are doing I think - check everything during install process) without it the ‘Verify all’ will probably not (re)install and check every module correctly.

As for the enabling of modules

Here you can see enabled Clock Module (don’t worry about [X] in Library media column - it is there because there no files associted with this module in your CMS media library - that column is ticked for media files like images/videos etc files that are in your CMS media library)

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I can’t see anything else that I would need to add permissions to, do you by any chance know what I need to grant access to specifically so I can go through them one by one? Also, not sure if it matters, but I am running this through a VM, would that be a problem?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben, did you try This?
It did help someone with similar issue, personally I don’t use IIS.

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Yeah, I’ve tried that but didn’t get me anywhere, even granting IIS_IUSRS full control didn’t work :confused:

What do you use instead of IIS?

Thanks,
Ben

On Windows the most popular options are XAMPP or WAMP (Apache).

There isn’t anything wrong with using IIS, but we do not test/develop on it or use it ourselves for any live installations.

In terms of permissions, your IIS User needs full access to the entire local library folder you have specified.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that, might give XAMPP ago and see how I get on with that. Is there an installation guide similar to the IIS one? I’ve never used XAMPP\WAMP so I don’t know what I am doing! :smile:

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Hi Ben,

We don’t really cover the environment but this should help you:
http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_environment_windows_xampp.html

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks, will give it a go when I’m at the school this afternoon.

Many thanks,
Ben

Hi Peter,

I’ve got XAMPP set up and running fine, but I still get the “SyntaxError:InvalidCharacter” error when uploading media. I’ve set full permissions on everything but still no joy. Is it because it’s running on a domain which could be causing it grief?

Also cannot push layouts either, so I’m guessing it’s related to the Syntax error.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben

Sounds like PHP isn’t configured correctly for large file uploads. Please see the CMS post installation guide stickied on the front page of the Community site for instructions

Alex

Hi Alex,

Have gone through the PHP settings and checked everything, save me from copying it all into this post, I’ve uploaded a copy of my php.ini to my OneDrive here:

http://1drv.ms/1QoA74e

Could you possibly take a look and see if you can spot any errors?

Many thanks,
Ben