CMS Version

Docker CMS version 2.3.6

Player Type

Android player

Player Version

none yet

Issue

Hello all,

new to Xibo, i was looking for a solution of Digital Signage to install to the fast-food of my parents where we had a cloud-based solution that went out of business recently. We have a setup made out of 6 screens where 5 displays a menu, one some pictures, advertisement, it is mainly a slideshow let’s say. An additional screen is placed above our ice-cream fridge, for the ice-cream menu itself. I already setup a docker CMS installation that is running, i started to create some templates and play with the software, so far so good. What i wanted to know is the best practice to achieve what i want which consist in the same background picture for the 5 screens with the menu, and only the content will vary. There are the example images :
edit : i can only put one image, the first one would be the same but empty from any texts.

I already created the model using a template with the empty background image, so i can reuse it for all the screens. Now about the data texts, i assume i need to create some datasets, but that’s where i am not sure about the way to proceed, as each screen is having a different amount of plates per category.
Last question about the Android p^layer licenses, should i buy it for each device controlling a screen ? Can i do that with the same Google account, or do i need to setup different one ?
Thanks for the help.

Hello,

any idea that could give me some guidance for my project ?
thanks in advance for the help.

Hello and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you have made a great start on creating some Templates and would suggest that you take a look at our Cafe Menu guide as this will take you through step by step with the basics of creating Layouts / Templates and Scheduling and to give you some ideas for your project.

You could indeed create DataSets and pull in the required information into your Layouts which can also be imported in from a CSV file.

We also have a User Manual which will give you further information regarding the features and functionality of the CMS.

With regards to the Android licences yes you would need a licence for each screen you intend to deploy and those can be all part of one licence pool as they do not need to have their own licence email address.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.