Problems with LiveTV Feed via RTSP

Hi Xibo People,

i’m struggling with setting up a live-TV RTSP stream to our clients once again… here’s what i have tried so far and what my problems were:

Router 192.168.1.1
SAT-IP Streamer 192.168.1.3
Server 192.168.1.3
Tablet 192.168.1.4
Android Fire TV 192.168.1.5
Android Box MXII (with root access) 192.168.1.6

Test streaming with a Triax Box
RTP on test-server with VLC - working
RTP on Tablet with VLC - working
RTP on Tablet as a xibo stream - not working
RTP on Fire TV as a xibo stream - not working
RTP on MXII as a xibo stream - not working

Test streaming with a Telestar Digibit R1 SD Signal (MPEG 2) as RTSP
RTSP on test-server with VLC - working
RTSP on Tablet with VLC - working
RTSP on Tablet as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on Tablet as a xibo stream with public storage- not working
RTSP on Fire TV as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on Fire TV as a xibo stream with public storage- not working
RTSP on MXII as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on MXII as a xibo stream with public storage- not working

Test streaming with a Telestar Digibit R1 HD Signal (H264) as RTSP
RTSP on test-server with VLC - working
RTSP on Tablet with VLC - working
RTSP on Tablet as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on Tablet as a xibo stream with public storage- not working
RTSP on Fire TV as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on Fire TV as a xibo stream with public storage- not working
RTSP on MXII as a xibo stream - not working
RTSP on MXII as a xibo stream with public storage- not working

Test streaming with a Telestar Digitb R1 HD Signal (H264) RTSP implemented HTML

<object data="rtsp://192.168.1.3/?freq=11362&src=1&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&sr=22000&sid=11110&pmt=6100&pids=0,6100,6110,6120,6121,6123,6122" type="video/mpeg" autostart="true" loop="true" width="720" height="576">

Error: Missing Plugin on all devices

Error with the standard settings on all devices:
Blacklist
[rtsp%3A%2F%2F192.168.1.3%2Ffreq…] Unsupported Video. What=1. Extra 2147483648

Error with the “use public storage” option activated on all devices
Methode: StorageOptions. Message: Removing point that doesn’t exist: /mnt/media_rw/sdcard1

Error screenshots:

Stream RTSP HD Tablet Public storage

Stream RTSP HD Tablet

Stream RTSP SD Android Box

Any help or suggestions on how to improve the setup and get rid of the errors is greatly appreciated… i’m stuck now and i’m struggling to find a solution…

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Sundance

Hi Sundance,

In general I’d imagine that H264 encoded RTSP streams should work just fine on most android devices - so I’d recommend that encoding.

I assume you are familiar with this guide? : Stream CCTV IP Camera in to Xibo for Android

So basically all your devices are giving, canRun errors, unsupported video (encoding), then they are blacklisted and whole layout is invalid.

Questions:
What apk version do you use? (and why not R59? :wink: )
Are there general problems with various videos on your devices?
When was the last time you updated the firmware? (especially on android box)

I also had a look at your previous topic about streams, it seems that you still have similar problems.
Basically if the stream is correctly set up with the right encoding (H264) it should work just fine, if it doesn’t I’d slightly lean towards hardware issues - which could be resolved with newer firmware.

Unfortunately I didn’t have the pleasure to use any of the devices that you have, so it’s hard for me to give you definitive answer here.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your kind help.

We updated the firmware on all client android devices to the latest firmware (most already were up to date), we installed R59 on all clients - and we never experienced Problems with Videos, we always use H.264.

The devices (the Tablet that we use as well) can play back H.264 video just fine and the installed VLC can play the stream as expected - the only place where it won’t work right now, is Xibo…

Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks in advance!

If you have CMS 1.7.6 and now R59 (or even better the one that I sent you via pm)
You could try changing the rendering method to TextureView and see if that will make any difference.

In CMS 1.7.6, please go to display settings -> edit display profile assigned to your device -> troubleshooting tab -> untick “use surface view…”

You could also try to switch to Public storage (In Xibo app settings -> Use public storage? and first option in storage options) and see if that will change anything

Hi Peter,

thank you for your kind help - we tried and tested some more, unfortunately to no avail, the streaming still does not work.

Here’s what we did:

• Updated CMS to 1.7.6 and all Android devices to the R59 with the z-index fix.
  • tried the different rendering methods and the “use surface view”
  • we already tried the “use public storage” option (see list in the first post)

I have attached the error messages for the recent tests:

Do you have any more ideas how we can make this work? We really want this feature to be available to our clients, but we just can’t get it to work…

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Sundance