Problem with WebOS installation

I installed a player on a LG Monitor of Signage series. The model is: 55XF3E-BH

The player connect with the CMS (running the last version 1.8.11) but doesn’t load any content and the splash screen only load to half of monitor and the rest in black

Any ideas? Is this monitor compatible? Is not in the hardware compatibility list but belongs to signage series

Having same Situation here. Even with a fresh xibo Server the Player on WebOS only loads the first time after Installation. If i restart the LG Display it starts with endless loading loop! Xibo OS is 1.8.11 and WebOS PLay is latest download available. The Display is an 32SM5D which is support on your list. Until restart everything is fine. But after turn off an on we have to reinstall on LG to get a working Display. Otherwise the will be an endless loading loop or a half viewable Xibo Splash screen. In Addition i could say that the Display can’t get to the Status bar in this state i look like there is an loading error on Startup before the app is fully loaded. Only display settings are available but the xibo Status bar is unreachable. Version is 1.8R14

We’re looking into theses issues urgently and will release an updated Player once we have a resolution.

Hi !

The splash screen only shows the upper half for me too but I can send content to the TV.

Pictures and videos show well, but webpages don’t display, even though I put the right user account with the right proxy address (we need a proxy in our company to go to internet).

Also I noticed that a text widget with text scrolling is too jerky whereas on the windows players it is smooth.

Can you tell us whether you are able to access the status menu by clicking OK on the remote? If so, are you able to post a photo of that too? It would be very useful if you can.

The firmware version you have running on the monitor would also be really useful.

Thanks

We have a pre-release of R15 available to try, which we think might fix these issues. I have PM’ed each of you the details.

Okay for everyone the pre 1.8.15R resolved this issue and work like a charm. Perfect support here! Thanks a lot!

1 Like

With my model:

Model: 55XF3E-BH
webos version: 3.3.0-732
software version: 05.31.72

Now is working with the prerelease update.

When the app start, there is a delay about two minutes before to begin to show content, is this normal?

thanks for your support

One thing, the proof of play stats are not working and the player has this characteristic enabled

One detail: randomly appears in the screeen the message:
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘getElementsByTagName’ of null

The latest firmware version is 05.32.70 which is the initial release version, we are not sure why you have an earlier version 05.31.72.

The link for the latest firmware is http://signup.lge.com/Update/Update_Release/IDEngineering/Signage/webOS3.0_Signage/XF3D_E_XS2E/XF3D_XF3E_XS2E_5.32.70.epk

We will investigate your feedback regarding Proof of Play and may need to get back in touch with you for logging if possible.

ok tomorrow I’ll install the firmware update to make the tests

When the app start, there is a delay about two minutes before to begin to show content, is this normal?

I’ve seen that when the monitor has no Internet connection.

Hello Dan and everyone !

I downloaded the 1.8.15R and first of all, I could not manage to upgrade from 1.8.14 with the CMS interface.
I uploaded the .IPK file to the media library and had it listed in the install file combo-box (Player/Version Information/Install File) but nothing happened on the TV when I selected it and clicked Save. I turned the screen off and on, waited, but nothing happened.

Here are two pics you asked me with version 1.8.14 :

So I resetted the TV to factory settings and installed 1.8.15R version.

The Xibo splash screen displays good now but now I can’t send ANY layouts to the TV. Nothing !

Here are the status screens with 1.8.15R :

Our screen information is :

webOS version : 4.0.1-18

On the CMS, the display file status is empty :

But I can make screenshots. I installed a “clean” Xibo to see if it goes better and even added a Windows Display to compare :

Eveything works on the windows display but not on the LG.

I am going to put 1.8.14 back now to try to send some content again.

If you look on your screenshot, you can see that the Player is not licenced (ie the trial has expired).

You’ll need to licence the device before it will download any content from the CMS once the trial has expired.

In addition, it looks like the Display Settings for webOS devices in your CMS hasn’t got your licence pool email address filled in. You’ll want to complete that.

That’s also the reason that it didn’t upgrade, as the Player wouldn’t download the new IPK if it isn’t licensed.

One clarification, in my system proof of play are now shown, but only the layouts stats, not the media stats (It’s not a problem with server, because windows player stats are shown)

My fault :flushed: !

I installed another Xibo server and resetted the screen today again just to see if the licence was reset again but then again : no licence, trial expired !

I then realized that first I installed the IPK and authorized the display and then I set the date and time, wish made the licence expire :tired_face:

Resetted everything and started over, again… but now it’s (almost) fine !

I had no time to test a lot but all I can say until now is tha the scrolling text is really jerky, not smooth at all, and the font doesn’t appear to be the right one.

(not to big) videos play well but if I play larger videos in a layout with 4 regions, they won’t play all. Some will play but others don’t. The strangest thing is that if upload the same layout again, the regions that played the videos and the ones that didn’t aren’t the same :thinking:

I think that’s because there’s almost 2 gigs of video. And that makes me wonder and ask you : can we just plug a USB stick to extend the memory of the player so Xibo can play bigger layouts ?

Thank you.