Powerpoint Slides not Advancing

windows 2 R255.3-255

Good afternoon!

This is in reference to a recent issue in the Windows player that prevented powerpoints from playing

The latest version of the Windows player (R255.3-255) seems to have mostly fixed this issue. The current issue I’m having is the auto-advancing of slides using timings. This worked in previous versions prior to the major update (<= version 202). I wanted to see if I’m missing something that I should be updating in the slide shows, or if this is still an issue with the player.

I will note, if the mouse is enabled, or a keyboard is connected, you can advance the slides manually by using the arrow keys or the mouse to click through the slideshow, so it appears to only be an issue with auto-advancing based on slide timings in the player.

Thank you!!
Trae

Thanks for your message.

Have you saved rehearsed timings in the PowerPoint presentation file? Only that will drive the slides forward for you. Xibo doesn’t advance them automatically - it’s completely down to the PowerPoint file itself to move on at the recorded times.

Thank you for the quick reply! We are using timings to progress through the shows automatically. I did some more testing on this today with both the old powerpoints I’ve been using as well as newly created powerpoints (all of which are using timings) and found the following:

On player version R255.3-255, if I schedule a powerpoint layout, the first slide will appear on the player. It will sit there on the first slide for the set duration of the layout and never progress. However, if I use the keyboard to kick off the show and move to the second slide in the PPT, the timings from that point forward work as expected and the slideshow progresses to completion. Once the show restarts, it’s again stuck on the first slide. So it seems as if the player is “showing” the first slide, but not actually kicking off the presentation for the slide to continue to progress via the set timings. On all PPT’s tested, timings are used on all slides in the slide show.

We’re using the same base OS image and versions of MS Office that worked with powerpoint prior to player version v2 R252. We’re running Windows 10 and MS Office 2019.

Thank you!
Trae

OK thanks. I’m not sure why that should be as Xibo doesn’t kick the presentation off - PowerPoint does. Xibo just opens it in a browser and lets it run for the number of seconds you define.

I’ll log an issue to see if we can do anything, but our strong recommendation for some time now has been to convert to video instead of uploading PowerPoint files directly. PowerPoint directly exports to MP4 and I think you’ll find that is far more reliable for you.

Awesome, thank you for helping! We’ve moved over to video’s for our newer players running in to this issue for now.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.