Possible to install Xibo 1.8 on "web hotel"?

I have been using Xibo from version 1.4 or something in a small setup with one dual monitor client at our church. The CMS has been running fine on our “web hotel” - a cheap solution for a non-profit organization.
With version Xibo 1.8 it first looked like you had to use Docker, so I installed 1.7.9.
My 1.7.9 version will stop working when my “web hotel” forces me to use PHP 7.1 or 7.2.
Then I found out that you do also publish a Docker-less zip-files (a bit hard to find).
However it seems like I need ZeroMQ on the server now. Is there any other way?

Sorry I you feel like I am spamming, but I found out myself that you don’t need ZeroMQ on the server unless you really need “push”. Then I found that 7.2 has dropped support for Mcrypt, so I went with 7.1.

You’re correct you don’t need ZeroMQ, but you’ll find some things won’t work without it - anything that relies on push notifications.

We don’t recommend running Xibo on any kind of shared hosting. It normally leads to the hosting company complaining about resource usage.

Please also ensure you don’t have “web” in the URL you’re using to access the CMS. If you’ve installed Xibo in the same way as you did for 1.4/1.6/1.7 then you likely will and that’s not how its supposed to be run, and is known to cause problems.

You need to have the web root of the webserver changed so that only the contents of the “web” directly is directly web servable, or use an alias to achieve the same thing.