Possible CMS Bug: Dataset views not saving columns

Hi there,

I’m trying to use a Dataset View on my layout but I can’t select the columns to be set in the table. When I click ‘save’ after selecting the columns and go again to ‘Configuration’ tab the ‘Columns Selected’ box remains empty. The Dataset is a remote JSON and its working fine fetching the data if I use a Dataset Ticker.

I recorded a video of the problem. I think it’s more clear than screenshots in this case: https://youtu.be/xBITBZUDNq4

Here is the troubleshoot.zip file generated using the Report Fault tool in the CMS. I’m using 2.0.3 docker image on Ubuntu 18.04LTS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nffkimldp3ek9fl/troubleshoot.zip?dl=0

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your post.

We are aware of a problem with the column configuration for the Dataset View, which has the following bug report:

Thanks for the quick reply Natasha. I didn’t see the issue on Github. Waiting for 2.0.4 to test it.

Regards,
Luismi.

Hello,

This seems to be an issue also affecting 2.1.0.

Best regards,
Nathan

Hi @NPipes, it’s working fine for me using 2.1.0 docker image. I also tried 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 with success regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Luismi.

Hi @esferize

I’m glad to hear it’s working for you.

But it’s still an issue for us.

After further testing, this appears to be an issue affecting Firefox. We have had success using Chrome.

1 Like

Could I please ask that you first clear your cache and see if it then works?

Hi @natasha it does appear to be working now, my appologies, I should have remembered to check the cache first.

Have a great day,
Nathan

1 Like

No problem, glad that its now working for you!

I have the same problem with xibo 2.0.3 under linux instead of docker

This particular issue was found in version 2.0.3 and resolved in 2.0.4 you would therefore need to update your version.

Thank you

Thank you for your prompt reply @natasha, I’ll try to install a new fresh install xibo 2.2.0… hope will fix my issue…

If you still experience issues after upgrading with this then please do come back to us.