Playing video on LG via WebOS

Hi. We have just started using Xibo and think its great. However I am having difficulty getting a video to play. I am using WebOS on an LG digital screen but the video region is always blank.
I have got it to link to a youtube video but this option doesn’t automatically play (even when using the autoplay code featured on this site).

Can you reply with the following information:

• What is the model of your LG Display?
  • What version of Xibo for webOS are you using?
  • What is the Firmware version on your Display?
  • Can you provide more specific information about the video that is not playing? For example, what Widget you have used to set it up and the settings you have applied to that Widget. It also isn’t clear from your message whether the Region for the Video is entirely blank or shows the Youtube video but does not autoplay.

Please also provide a screenshot of the Status page on your LG Display. You can access the Status page by clicking the OK or Enter button on your remote while the Xibo app is running, then selecting the Status option on the Action Bar at the top of the screen.

Many Thanks.

• What is the model of your LG Display? LG 49SM5KD
  • What version of Xibo for webOS are you using? 1.8
  • What is the Firmware version on your Display? Not sure at the moment, the screen is temporarily back in storage with our IT department.
  • Can you provide more specific information about the video that is not playing? For example, what Widget you have used to set it up and the settings you have applied to that Widget. It also isn’t clear from your message whether the Region for the Video is entirely blank or shows the Youtube video but does not autoplay.
    I have used a few different options with no luck:
    1. Video widget in designer mode it just shows a video icon and in preview the region is completely blank (black) it transitions to still images fine.
    When I tried this yesterday I got the audio at the end of the transition but still no images
    2 I have also tried the embed html for the youtube but don’t seem to be able to get it to autoplay (I have added the autoplay html as advised in these forums).
    The video is an mp4 via Premier and I have tried exporting various codec’s through handbrake.
    I must be missing something but I don’t know what!
    Thanks
    nick

Thank you for the reply. I would recommend upgrading the Firmware to version 04.03.10 if the Display is not already using this version, as this is the recommended Firmware version for running Xibo for webOS with that model.

You mentioned you are using version 1.8 of the Player but did not include the revision number. If you were not using the latest version of Xibo for webOS (1.8 R15), I would also recommend trying that instead.

The Layout Designer does indeed show a video icon on the canvas when a Video widget is being used, This is the correct behaviour when creating a Video Widget in the Designer.

The Preview Layout option is designed to give a general idea as to how the final Layout will look on your Display, but is not always able to render all elements of your Layout, depending on the Widget and Media type being used. It’s not clear from your message if you have scheduled the Layout to show on your Display and if so, does the video appear correctly?

Regarding the Embedded Youtube video, can you confirm which autoplay html suggestion you followed? I can see there is more than one possible autoplay solution in the forum, if you could confirm which post it is, I can look into that further. Can you also confirm that you scheduled the Layout containing the Youtube embed to the Display and it did not work, or were you using the Preview Layout option in the CMS?

Many Thanks.

Further to my previous message, Youtube videos are successfully autoplaying on our webOS Displays, using the script in the guide below:

Are these the autoplay instructions you followed? If so, please confirm what happened when the Layout was scheduled to your Display.

Many Thanks.