Player is missing dependencies

No content is loading on Android players. We seem to have the players setup properly and they were loading content until recently when we noticed no content. There is one message on the status that’s obvious issue is it state “Player is missing dependencies”

CMS Status
Register: Registered. Checked at 2017-9:20 10:53:41 (Current time)
Schedule: Up to date
Required Files (Inside download window): Up to date 28/28
Queued Network Connections: 0
Number of Concurrent Failed XMDS Connections:

Schedule Status
All Layout (* = not scheduled): 23, 1*(D)
Next: 2038-01-18 22:14:07
Scheduled layouts: 0,
Valid Layouts:0,
Invalid Layouts:

Blacklist
Last 5 Log Messages

This is the message on the bottom of the screen. If you need more info to assist with troubleshooting, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

What’s the CMS version and player version please?

If you restart Xibo for Android does it the issue persist?

If you go to Displays page -> Edit row with display in question -> Manage (1.8) | Media inventory (1.7) and Recent log (1.7)
does it shows what files are missing?

While you there you can also Edit&Save display record to clear its cache.

If there are some module files missing, then please navigate to Modules page -> Verify all

Thanks, Peter.

What’s the CMS version and player version please? Version 1.8.2 on Server and 1.8 on Xibo Android client

If you restart Xibo for Android does it the issue persist? Yes.

If you go to Displays page → Edit row with display in question → Manage (1.8) | Media inventory (1.7) and Recent log (1.7)
does it shows what files are missing?

While you there you can also Edit&Save display record to clear its cache. Done

If there are some module files missing, then please navigate to Modules page → Verify all - Yes, all verified ok.

Thank you for screenshots.

I believe I’ve replied to your support ticket with us, we will continue troubleshooting via tickets then.

Did we get resolution on this. I am getting the same error today

You can clear player cache, restart the player and if the issue persist, you can also tun Verify All on the Modules page, restart player and give it a moment.

If it is still an issue, then we would need to see logs, screenshots showing the problem and also what CMS and player versions are you using please.

Same here.

After upgrading 1.8.7 to version 1.8.9.
The player is downloading some files infinitely.

Pending files are never downloaded.

After completing 48, the downloads are started again.

It is not the media that I put to play, are other files like:
animate.css
bootstrap.min.css
compatibility.js
flipclock.min.js
font-awesome.min.css
jquery-1.11.1.min.js
jquery.marquee.min.js
moment.js

What I’ve Done:
I tested the apks: 1.8 r104 E 1.8 r106
I logged into the player configuration and saved it to clear the cache.
I restarted the player.
I cleared the cache of all the modules.
I reinstalled version 1.8.9 of cms.
I tested it on another player.

Videos play normally.

I use manual instalation

grafico%20Sem%20t%C3%ADtulo

I’d expect verify all on modules page and clear display cache (edit sand save display record) to solve this, assuming there are no connection issues and player can download from CMS without problems.

Since it is showing 48/48 on the status, then it is more likely cache issue if you see it differently on the manage page.

What is the download mode in CMS set to?
Is the ssl configured and players are connecting over https to the CMS?

Hi Peter.

I discovered what happened: :grinning:

During the reinstallation, I lost the “MEDIA” folder and thought that resending the videos would suffice.

However from what I noticed the media folder has other files besides the ones I send.

Luckily the files are in the xibo installation, and I’m copying one by one.

A suggestion: :bulb:
One way to prevent this, since the system knows which files are missing, and has these files, would be a button to recopy these files to the media folder in case of loss, as it happened to me.

Thank you for your help.

Offtopic
Enjoying the moment:
How do I change my username in the forum to “lgwebforum”?

Edit your profile -> preferences tab -> Username

The username field is not editable to me.

Hello!

I am dealing the same issue, I did all the recommendations and yet, the player have not displayed anything.

I would apreciate any help!

You need to run Verify All on the Modules page of the CMS. That will reinstall any missing files from the library, and then the Player will complete its download in due course.

If you don’t have the message “Player is missing dependencies” on the status screen of the Player then you have another problem and nothing on this page will resolve that.

You should create your own new topic with the messages you have on your device.

1 Like

Thank you! I will do it.