Player for Ubuntu 24.04

Is there an updated version of the player that works correctly with ubuntu 24.04? The current version doesn’t work well.

There will be a new Linux Version around August 2024

3 Likes

@dan how are we looking for next month-ish? Eager to get testing and hopefully update the estate.

We’ve got a few irons in the fire at the moment, but nevertheless its coming together. I’d say that we’ve got a good proof of concept which we’re now expanding into a full player.

I am not sure if we will hit the August hope, as that coincides with final preparations for 4.1, but it shouldn’t be too long after that.

1 Like

@dan I’m just seeing that last comment on this was almost a month ago. Very interested in this as well, and just curious to see how the progression is playing out. thanks!

We don’t have anything to update right now; when we do we will update the linked topic above. Cheers!

Congrats on getting ver4.1 released. I was reading through the release information and I saw info for Docker for Linux. So I was wondering how close are we with Ubuntu 24? Is there a ballpark timeline perhaps? (sorry, just eager is all)

Same here, very eager as well. @dan please relieve us!

Unfortunately that refers to the CMS installation files for Linux, not a Linux player.

All I can say at the moment is that creating a player is complex, particularly for Linux, so we need to make sure we get it right. This is the 4th rewrite in total for Linux :sweat:

We will make an announcement on the post linked above when there is a progress update. Meanwhile you could apply to join the beta testers group, who will receive early access to the player once available.

3 Likes

Hello good day, I want to thank you for this excellent application, I have tried the latest version available on the website under Docker and works well with clients under Windows; however I have tried with the version for Linux with Snap, which I install very well on Ubuntu 24.04 but does not register the screen in the CMS. Has anyone been successful with this second scenario?

Hello @FavianCab

It worked with version 3 of the Xibo server. I’m not sure it will work with version 4. Especially as it says that it needs at least version 308 :