Notification Module

So far liking Xibo! Just one issue/question. I’ve added the notification module to my layout. It displays a notification just fine, however when I delete the notification it remains on the display (WebOS). I’d expect that it would check the CMS, see no notifications set, and then display the no data template. I can checkout and re-publish the layout to force it, but that’s just a work around.

Maybe it only checks for new notifications once a day or something? Feel like I’m missing something here?

How is your Layout set up? If your Notification widget is the only item in a Region, it won’t refresh until the Layout does.
Take a look at our Understanding Media duration and how it affects playback guide.

Which would be fine, however when the layout refreshes the Notification widget does not update if there are no notifications to show. It continues to show the deleted notification. At least that’s what I’ve experienced so far. It is the only widget in that region. I’ve set the notification age which sort of solves it; it’s not ideal. What I expected was that it would refresh (at some point) and show the no data template.

The notification age controls how often the Player hits the CMS for an update, in minutes.

I cannot replicate the issue you are experiencing and have the ‘no data’ message being shown when there are no notifications, once the Player updates from the CMS (every 5 minutes as per the screenshot above).

Could you therefore provide further information as to how you have this configured along with the CMS version you are using?

I must have been confused about something. It’s working now.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.