Not able to delete a .png file

Hi,

I tried to delete a .png file in the Edit Template. When I select the delete button for this media, I got the following message: this media is used, remove it instead.

Is there another way to delete the media?

Thank you

Which CMS version are you using please?

When you say Edit a template, do you mean actual template or layout?

In general, when you try to delete, for example, an image from the layout timeline, it will be removed just from that region, but will stay in the CMS library.

If you want to remove a file from the CMS, then you’d do that on the Library Media page, there when you try to delete a file, you will be asked if you want to forcefully delete it form all layouts it’s assign to as well.

Peter,

CMS version 1.7.9
I deleted the media in the library.
When I go in Design, Layout, I chose my layout, Layout Design, Edit Template, on the image I choose Delete.

I used an images find on web, do you thing that can be the problem? Firts time it happens

I think you mean edit timeline :slight_smile:

In 1.7 series it was slightly different, as there was a dropdown for unassign, unassign and retire and delete.
In general I’d recommend to unassign it from the timeline and if you want to completely delete it then do that form the library page, although I’d expect delete from timeline to also, unless it’s assigned to different regions as well.