Ad
Weather
Ad
News
Ad
Facts
Ad

And then it repeats.

We have 4-5 different. Ad here videos. We want it to randomize this. I am using a web view at the moment and using javascript. But if wifi is down or player is offline. It just shows as white. Any other way to do this?

Have you looked at the new Playlist functionality? This allows you to create reusable Playlists that can then be configured in various ways to play on a Layout using the Sub-Playlist Widget.

If your player is offline and lost connection with the CMS, Embedded content, Websites will not work since this is not cached on the player.

Okay maybe call me dumb but I can’t seem to get it.

So I added a playlist with 4 videos. Let’s just say Vid1, Vid2, Vid3, Vid4

Lets just say the layout has just playlist and then a news.

So it should go:

Vid1
News
Vid2
News
Vid3
News
Vid4
News
Vid1

and so forth. How would I accomplish this? I don’t see exactly. Or I may be overlooking.

Really need to get this deployed… Is this possible with playlist?

As an example, you could create 2 Playlists one with your 5 Ad’s in that you wish to repeat throughout and the second with the content in your specified order: Ad, Weather, Ad, News, Ad, Facts, Ad

Add the Sub-playlist Widget to your Layout and select the first ‘Ad here’ playlist and set the Spot fill as Pad (which means that Widgets will be taken from this list and distributed evenly with assigned Widgets on the other Playlists)

Add the second Playlist and set the Spot fill to Repeat (which means that the Widgets on this Playlist will be repeated for the amount of Spots specified.

If you give this Playlist 35 Spots (5 ad items x 7 content items) and set the configuration to ‘Auto’ and ‘Add’

Playlists would play as follows:

Ad 1
Ad
Weather
Ad
News
Ad
Facts
Ad
Ad 2
Ad
Weather
Ad
News
Ad
Facts
Ad
Ad 3 and so on until all 5 Ad’s had played.

There is no specific Random feature with Playlists. If you cannot achieve what you require from the options available then please do post a Feature Request explaining what you need and example use cases would be helpful.

Thank you

How do I get this to play continuous, forever?

Well I actually can’t even seem to get that.

I have playlist with 4 ad here and a playlist with 5 ads and other widgets.

So I set it up this way:

And then config:

It’s currently playing.

Your ad here
News
Your ad here
Ad
Your ad here
etc

I did 20. Because 4 x 5

And how can I get this to play continuous? Thanks!

How many total Widgets have you in the other Playlist? You mention 5 ads and other widgets so that would be more than 20 for the spot fill.

You can then schedule your Layout to Always to play continuously.

Well it will be changing for every location. This location as of now We have 4 Ad Here videos. And ad, widget, ad, widget, ad.

So 4 x 5.

And continuously will work. Just need to get the order to work.

Need it to be

Your ad here (1 of the 4 could be random or in order)
ad
widget
ad
widget
ad
Your ad here (1 of the 4 could be random or in order)
ad
widget

and so forth continuous

Current setup follow your directions. It is currently

Ad here
ad
Ad here
widget
Ad here

etc.

It works as expected for me so please re-visit your setup and configurations:

Playlist 1 - 4 x media content assigned