New DSCS9 CEC functions - on which displays?

Continuing the discussion from Android CEC Screen Power On/Off with DSDevices DSCS9:

Hi there,

I’m very glad about the function and tested a few available displays in the office. A few older signage LG’s didn’t notice the commands, an old Samsung consumer TV did work well. I will test more…

So maybe it’s fine to write here the crowd experience of us all to find suitable displays which will work.

What kind of displays have you tested?

Not working:

• LG M4225CJ
  • LG 47WL10MS
  • LG 42PJ350

LG call CEC “Simplink” so you might want to look in the settings for anything related to that, and ensure it’s turned on. Certainly the first one of the list of non-working you gave that I checked (42PJ350) claims to have Simplink connectivity, so I’d imagine it’s just off by default.

According to howtogeek, there’s a list of the major brands, and what they call CEC:

AOC: E-link
Hitachi: HDMI-CEC (Thank you, Hitachi!)
LG: SimpLink
Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI
Onkyo: RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link
Philips: EasyLink
Pioneer: Kuro Link
Runco International: RuncoLink
Samsung: Anynet+
Sharp: Aquos Link
Sony: BRAVIA Sync
Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
Vizio: CEC (Thank you, Vizio!)

You’re quite correct though, older panels may not support CEC at all, or their implementations may be broken. It’s also worth checking the HDMI cable if CEC isn’t working as some very cheap (and especially older) HDMI cables don’t have all the pins populated for CEC to work properly.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments.

I tested it with Simplink on, and with the HDMI cable that came with the DSCS9. Maybe I have to test another cable.

By all means test another cable, but I’d expect the cable that came with the DSCS9 to work fine. It may just be that the TV doesn’t fully support the standard. Some older TVs only implement some functions (like volume control for example).

1 Like

Not working on Philips QLine Displays. Philips now call it HDMI with One Wire and its a simple On/Off toggle in the display settings.

1 Like

Thanks, works on Sony Bravia FW-55XE9001

1 Like

Works on Samsung UE55D6200