My 6 screen will not work any more

hey guys i am trying to start xibo up and it will not load my 6 screens any more i do not no why

Thank you for your message. I’m a little unclear on the details of your issue, can you provide the following
information:

• What CMS version are you using?
  • What version of the Xibo Player are your 6 screens using?
  • Can you provide more specific information about what is meant by i am trying to start xibo up and it will not load my 6 screens any more?
  • Do you have an example of what you did when you tried to start Xibo (Player or CMS?), what was expected to happen and what actually happened?
  • Are you receiving any errors on the Players or in the Logs section of your CMS?

Many Thanks.

Version 2.0.4

player xibo-client-v2-R200-win32-x86

when the software is started it only gos to 1 screen
what is to happen software to load on all screens just not working any more

Thank you for answering my questions but I’m still a little unclear about your setup. Can you confirm if you are using 1 Player, running on a PC that has 6 screens connected to it, or are you using 6 Players on 6 PCs, each with a screen connected to it?

If it is a single Player connected to 6 screens but the Layout is only appearing on one screen and the others are black, I would first make sure that the other 6 screens are indeed connected correctly to your device running the Player. You may also need to check the Display settings to see if anything has been changed. If it is a video wall setup, the Display settings should be using extended Desktop mode.

Many Thanks.

yes it plays on 1 screen will not play on 6 screens any more after the update

Thank you for the reply, it sounds like from your reply that you are saying that it is 6 screens connected to one Player, like a video wall setup. If that is the case, did you check the Display Settings in Windows to make sure it is still set to extended desktop?

Can you also confirm if anything is showing on the other 5 screens at all? I’m aware that the Player is not appearing but is anything else? can you see the Desktop for example? If the other 5 screens are showing nothing at all, then this suggests that you need ton configure the screens again in Windows itself.

Many Thanks.

i check everything nutting has changed software will not run right

Thanks for the reply. Please answer the following questions:

• Is anything showing on the other 5 screens at all? Please provide a screenshot.
  • What version of Windows are you using?
  • In the Display settings for Windows is it set to extended desktop? Please provide a screenshot of the settings.
  • How are the 6 screens connected to your PC?
  • Are all of the screens being detected in the Display settings in Windows?
  • What resolution is the layout you are using set to?

Please also provide a screenshot of the Windows Profile in your CMS that you are using with your player. To check this, log into your CMS and go to the option named Display Settings. You will see a list of Profiles for each version of the Player. Click the button at the end of the Profile named Windows, or the new Profile you created to be used with your Player and choose Edit. Now go to the location tab and you will see fields for Top, Left, Width and Height. Please take a screenshot of these settings so I can see what you have set them to. If you plan to use 6 screens for 1 Player, you need to set thise to the resolution of all of those screens, so that the Player knows that it needs to use the full resolution of all 6 screens combined.

For reference, I have also included a link to the Xibo video Wall guide, which explains how to set up a Windows Player to use multiple screen, I would recommend following the guide to see if your PC is set up correctly.

Many Thanks.