Mp4 Video on Windows Client

Hey,

I have been playing around with trying to get mp4 videos to work on the windows Xibo client now for a couple hours and I am stumped. I am using client version 1.7.9 and IE11. I can get a mp4 video which is hosted on the same server as Xibo to play in the browser directly, play through the preview in the browser, but not through the desktop client. I have repeated the same results with both Embed and Web Page.

I am using:

in the head, and in the body.

I have also tried two different mp4 files with no luck.

Any idea where I could be going wrong?

Any particular reason to try and use embed/webpage modules instead of uploading those videos to CMS library and then using Video module to show them on the player?

If the video is on a server that player can access then you could try using localVideo module, but probably best option would be to upload videos to CMS and Video module.

Hi Peter,

I would like to use an embed/webpage so I can place a banner of text above and below the video, giving it some context as we are presenting it without sound. The trimmed down file is also 3.1 MB and increasing the limit above 2 MB looks challenging.

Any idea what may be causing it not to work?

My last resort is uploading the video to a private area on YouTube. Just becomes a challenge as we would like to have many more of these.

Thanks for your help.

I’m not sure I fully understand that. Is your CMS limited to 2M file size uplolad? If so you most certainly can and should adjust that How do I upload files bigger than 2MB / How can I increase the upload file size limit?

You could do the very same thing in Xibo itself, ie upload video have 3 regions on the layout 2 with text 1 with video.

While that’s still what I would recommend, I would also expect those videos in an embedded form to work - perhaps better in localVideo module with fully qualified path to the file though.

As I mentioned it would be much more feasible to just upload the videos to CMS.