Media Files Larger than 2 GB

We are trying to playback mp4 files with the Xibo Client that are larger than 2 gigabytes. There is no problem uploading the files to our XIBO CMS server but when the client attempts to pull down the mp4 from the CMS server the RequiredFilesAgent throws an exception: “Exception in Run: Value was either too large or too small for an int32”. Any mp4 (or any file type) smaller than 2 gigabytes doesn’t have this error.

It appears as though the limit to any Xibo media file is 2,147,483,647 bytes or about 2 gigabytes with the 32-bit client installation. Xibo client appears to have no 64-bit support, does anyone have a solution or workaround to playback mp4 files that are larger than 2 gigabytes? Aside from recompressing the MP4 videos to a smaller size.

I’m surprised as I did think this was fixed (the problem being trying to assign the size of the file to download into an int32 - which has been changed to a double quite some time ago).

What version are you using please?

We are using 1.7.4 for the client and 1.7.5 for the CMS

I have also tried with client 1.7.5 and received the same error.

Hmm OK - we will have to have a look at that then.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t upload files bigger than 2MB

Hi,

We are seeing just about the same exact issue. (I see a note on github referring to requiredfiles.cs, but, not sure where that is)

Xibo 1.7.5
WAMP 64 bit - Win 7 64 bit

The strangest thing is that the filesize value (as seen in PHPMyadmin) is negative for any file larger than 2gb. I see the field is “Bigint” so it would seem that Xibo is having trouble with a file larger than 2gb-not sure…
If I manually edit the filesize through PHPMyadmin, to the correct value (The file is over 3gb), then I see the “Exception in Run: Value was either too large or too small for an int32”.

Thanks.

Rich

Per the GitHub issue this is targeted to be resolved in 1.7.6 release of the Windows Player.