MD5 check failure

Hi All,

Running 1.8.2 in a windows 7 (64 bit) docker enviroment. On my clients I am getting a MD5 check error when pulling down new/revised layouts. However sometimes it is working…
I also haven’t been able to find the Sendfile Mode setting within the CMS as I believe this may have an impact.
Any suggestions?

That should be in CMS settings → General tab → file download mode

Could you doublecheck that files in question are in both CMS library and player library? (Especially for ‘revisited’ layouts)
I believe player should attempt to download new copy of the file when the md5 check fails - assuming that the file is still in the CMS library of course.

Failing that, you can remove the file from player local library and make it download it again.

Could you also good to clear display cache (just edit&save the display or display profile to which this display is assigned to)

Thanks Peter,

Am I missing something here?

Have checked that it is a legitimate MD5 fail, the hashes dont match. So suspect im just struggling to find this option to turn off send file.

Sendfile mode is set to Apache for you when you’re using Docker as that is the correct setting for it to use.

Have you got a reverse proxy infront of the Docker installation? If so, is it correctly passing through the Host header to Docker? If not, that will break file downloads.

No its a direct connection over LAN. So really not sure what is causing the MD5 sums to change.
Will continue to investigate and let you know if I come up with a culprit.

It could still well be a direct connection over LAN with a reverse proxy. That would be a webserver running on the same server as the Docker containers, forwarding traffic to those. It’s a very common setup. If it isn’t passing the Host header through properly, then file downloads will be affected.