Layouts shrinking after display turns off/on

I have searched the forum and thought I had found a solution in a previous post that stated ‘Xibo for Windows 1.8.8 onwards detects when a screen is turned off and resizes automatically when the TV is reconnected.’

I am using Windows 1.8.10-132 and this issue is still occurring when a display is turned off. I am certain that this is not an issue with the screen itself as this has happened on three separate brands/models. I have also noticed that this happens on version 1.8.8-131.

What can be done to prevent this from happening each time a screen is turned on/off. The only way to ensure content plays full-screen is to either keep the screens turned on (not very economical/environmentally friendly solution) or manually reboot the device (very time consuming and when working on a large site, not convenient).

I would recommend following the steps in the below FAQ to resolve the issue.

Once you have modified the mentioned registry entries, you will need to reboot to ensure the changes are acknowledged.

If the issue persists after making the registry changes, please let me know.

Many Thanks.

I have changed the registry entries as instructed but this has not resolved the issue. Instead it has kept the content in the same size window (top left of screen) but has enlarged the content within this area.

Can you provide a screenshot showing that the registry entries have been changed?

Can you also confirm that you have rebooted the Display after making these changes?

Many Thanks,

Unfortunately, this has still not resolved the issue. Screenshots are here for you with edited registry entries:

In the CMS go to DIsplay Settings. Edit the profile the display is using (probably Windows).
Under Location set the Width and Height of the display. This forces the layout to be shown on this resolution.

When you are using mutiple screens with different resolutions its recommended to create a new profile.