Layout page is showing empty for a specific user

Hi ,
I have a xibo server 1.8 install which was working great till yesterday… I noticed that a specific user gets the layout page listed as blank. I can see the layouts as a different user ( for eg. super user / admin user ) . This user has all the required previleges and he was able to use the layout earlier.

Any idea what could be wrong ?

Another piece of information ,is that

In the Chrome’s console ( when i try to ‘inspect’) , i get the following error

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token % in JSON at position 780

Interestingly this issue is seen only for a specific user .

This user has a few more columns given to be visible for the layout table, not sure if that s what is causing this error

Can you confirm the following information:

• You mentioned you are using CMS 1.8. What is the full version of your CMS? You can find this out by clicking the About button in he bottom left corner of your CMS, when you are logged in.
  • What has the User Type been set to for this user?
  • Is the User a member of any User Groups? If so please provide more details.
  • If you select Users in your CMS, click the small down facing arrow at the end of the User you are having this issue with and choose Page Security, what options are ticked?
  • Whilst logged in as a User who can access the Layouts, select the Layouts option in your CMS and click the down facing arrow at the end of the Layout/Layouts and choose the Permissions option from the drop down menu. Does the User that cannot access the Layouts have ticks in the View/Edit/Delete boxes?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,
We are still facing the problem

1. CMS Version is 1.8.9

2. user type is “User”

3. No this user is not part of any groups

4. In the Page Security , i have given ‘ticks’ for all ( including the layout) .
    In fact all was well with the user earlier and he could see the layout properly. But now there is no data in the layout table .

5. I have tried giving explicit rights ( view , edit and save ) for this user for a few of the layouts, it still didnt show.

What makes me more suspicious when i “inspect” this chrome, the “console” shows this error message

jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4
jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token % in JSON at position 780
at JSON.parse ()
at Object.success (view:909)
at j (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:2)
at x (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4)
at b (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4)
at Object.send (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4)
at Function.ajax (jquery-1.11.1.min.js?1.8.9:4)
at m.fn.init.stateLoadCallback (view:902)
at Kb (jquery.dataTables.min.js?1.8.9:70)

Where as this error is not shown for the other users for whom the layout table is properly loading.

Any help here please … ?

1.8.11 is the latest release. You should upgrade to that as your first step.