Layout not registering changes made by API

It seems that when I am altering the content of a region in a layout via the API the system doesn’t recognize that a change was made and the layout on the player never refreshes.

If I change content directly in the CMS the status for the displays that have the altered layout change status to have the cloud download icon. The next time the player checks for updates it sees the change and pulls content as expected. But when I change the content with the API the status on the displays never changes from the check icon. When the player checks for updates it doesn’t see them.

I thought I would be able to get around this with one of the xmr calls to force the refresh but my server is having some configurations issues with ZMQ (noted here: 1.8 rc2 layouts dumping widgets - Module already loaded in Unknown on line 0) and XMR is not currently working.

Is there anything I can do to get this refreshing before I get the ZMQ issues figured out?

It may affect it, yes, it would be good to fix nay problems you may have with it.

Did you try doing what Alex suggested to you in that previous topic?

Of course if possible switching to docker 1.8.0-rc3 would be recommended, as that should configure your environment correctly.