Layout is not adjusted to the screen

Hi DanBW,

we are having the same issue and as I noticed so far there is no “regular” steps to reproduce it. I’m sending an screenshot showing the same as Miguel reported.
Just to let you know, we are having this, at least, since version R255, and it happens very often.
Our players restart everyday and to try to mitigate that we created a task that closes Xibo Player 30 sec after the player log in and let the watchdog open it again. But, even in that case, sometimes the screen still in the offset situation.
Let me know if I can help somehow… Our customers are pretty upset with that…

Thank you for the information and please excuse my delayed reply. I have still been unable to reproduce this, I wondered if you could try setting a size and position for your player to see if this helps with the issue? You can set the player size by following the below instructions:

• Go to the Displays menu in your CMS.
  • Click the button at the end of the entry for your payer and choose Edit from the menu.
  • When the Edit Display window opens, go to the Profile Settings tab and set the top, left width and height settings for your player.
  • Save to confirm.

Once you have set the player size, please wait for the player to connect to your CMS and receive those new settings. Once they have been received, please restart the player. Can you confirm if the same issue occurs?

Many Thanks.

Hi Daniel

I have 10 players and this only happens in some and it is random. There are days that are good, others are bad.
I did a test on two players and it seems to have solved the problem. I completely removed the Xibo Player and all associated files and it appears to be fine now.
I had already checked these settings on the screens and the profile settings were empty and I switched to “Windows”.

Thank you

Daniel via Xibo Community <noreply@xibo.org.uk> escreveu no dia segunda, 10/05/2021 à(s) 10:58:

Thank you for your update Miguel_Ferreira, how long ago did you reinstall those players? Would you be able to update this post to confirm how they have performed after a couple of weeks, or a period where you would expect to see the issue?

Many Thanks.

2 weeks.
Ok I’ll update the post.

TY

Daniel via Xibo Community <noreply@xibo.org.uk> escreveu no dia segunda, 10/05/2021 à(s) 11:37:

1 Like

That’s great, thank you Miguel_Ferreira. This will be very helpful for the community, I appreciate your help with this :slight_smile:

Many Thanks.

Hi,

I did some tests last week but I can’t understand what’s going on.
The players are doing well on some days and on other days they are not adjusted.
It is completely random and I cannot understand why.
In 2 players I did a completely new installation of windows and xibo player and in these 2 players everything is OK.(and changed hdd to ssd)
Maybe it will do the same with the other players.

Hi , same issue randomly on windows players with classic hard drive no SSD (old intel NUC min pc 4Go RAM), I thought it was because of the charging latency of the xibo client (latest 2R257-2) on old device. Juste put on start up menu a ping command ping www.google.fr -n 10, to loose time ;-), this seems working since but …esoteric solution …
Hope will help

Hi,

I made some changes that seem to have worked.
I removed the Xibo Player from the windows startup and created a scheduled task to start the Xibo Player with a 1 minute delay.
I tested it on a player and it seems to be OK.
I will be watching in the coming days if the problem is resolved in this way.

Hi Frederic_Horcholle and Miguel_Ferreira.

Thank you both for your updates on the issue. I am still unable to replicate this issue on multiple PCs, one with an SSD, the other uses a standard HDD.

I can see Frederic commented on the other post about this issue, thank you for that. On that post I suggested the user tries following the steps in the guide below. There was a version of the player some time ago that had an issue which would cause it to use an incorrect display setting and resolution stored in the registry on occasion. Could you both take a look at the following guide and confirm if this helps to resolve the issue?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan, this issue is very hard to replicate. My windows players reboot each day once, this problem appears only with old NUC Mini PC with standard HDD, very strange… I don’t think the cause is the resolution. Since I put ping www.google.fr -n 10 at startup, the problem seems to have vanished. Maybe we have to wait the result if the one minute delay made by Miguel on his player.
See you

I also had this problem on a previous version (r252.5) ​​and which disappeared without doing anything just after 2 or 3 restart the screen was well adjusted

[image]

Thank you for the update frederic_Horcholle and malix. I have informed the developers that this issue is being reported by some users, so they are aware that this is occurring.

Many Thanks.

This is a follow up message regarding this issue. I have informed the developers about this, they have also asked if a User experiencing this issue can set a Top, Left, Width and Height for the player and see if the issue persists? Below are instructions how to do that:

• Go to the Displays menu in your CMS.
  • Click the button at the end of the entry for your player and choose Edit from the menu.
  • When the Edit Display window opens, go to the Profile Settings tab and set the top, left width and height settings for your player.
  • Save to confirm.

Once you have set the player size, please wait for the player to connect to your CMS and receive those new settings. Once they have been received, please restart the player.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

in our player we already tried this approach, without success. The issue persists even when manually set the screen size and position

thanks for your attention

Thank you Gianzanti, that’s very helpful. I will inform the developers and continue to try to replicate this issue.

Can you confirm if you have also tried following the steps in the below post?

I also wondered if you could check the Display settings on your Windows machine and confirm:

• The scale setting. This should be set to 100%
  • The display resolution.

Many Thanks.

Hi again!!

I’m sure that the scale setting is 100% (because someone in the past asked me to check that, and this is part of the install process) and the display resolution is configured according to the display attached to the player. He have players configured as 1366x768, 1280x720 and 1920x1080, and all resolutions presents the issue.
The registry settings I don’t have right now, but already asked support to get it. As soon as I get these info I’ll let you know.
As we don’t know yet the reason of this issue and as noticed in another thread about the same issue someone talking about the content type, just to let you know, always we have some kind of HTML content playing when the issue occurs. Could be a local html file or an embedded html or an url.

thanks in advance,

Thanks Gianzanti, that’s really helpful! I’ll make a note and wait to hear about the registry settings.

Many Thanks.

Hello @DanBW,

I work along Mr. Gianzanti, and actually I have a notebook that is running Xibo 2.5.7 and is one of the PCs that do have this issue. Of course its screen can´t be dettached - and most of the times it will start playing the content with the aforementioned offset.
I checked the registry keys and hand typed them just to be sure - but the problem persists. In this specific case, I am ruling out the disconnection of the display as being the cause as it happens when I first start the notebook in the morning (or restart it during the day).
Also, we have a custom Player properties in place (0, 0 , 1366, 768 - the actual resoluton of the display) but the problem persists.

I will try to uninstall it and give version 300 a try and let you know if the notebook behaves differently.
Best regards,
Norberto

Hi Norbies,

Thank you very much for the information you have provided, this is very helpful. These are very good points you have mentioned. I will also wait to hear if you encounter the same issue with the 300 player.

I noticed in your message you mentioned "it happens when I first start the notebook in the morning (or restart it during the day)". This is something that is being investigated at the moment, I wondered if you might be able to test this theory by adding a startup delay for your installed apps?

Below is a link to another thread where this issue is being discussed, could you follow the instructions in my latest post and see if the issue still occurs when you set a 60 second delay?

This issue is very difficult to replicate and so far I have had no luck seeing this on my test players. If yourself or any other members of the community are able to confirm if this reduces the instances of this issue occurring that would be very helpful.

Many Thanks.