Issues displaying flash on one user account

Hey guys,

First off, love the changes in 1.8.1, great work there!

For this issue, the system is running 1.7.9 server and clients. I can’t upgrade the clients to 1.8.0 because the system OS is POS Ready 2009 which is XP based and doesn’t support .Net 4.5.

So I have 300 clients running identical setups on identical hardware and using the same OS image, so everything should be the same across them all. However, I have one client that can’t play one of the two assigned layouts. The first layout is just a static image and it plays that fine. The second has multiple flash videos. I am seeing an error in the logs when it tries to switch to the second layout. Now. all these devices run on a locked down user account, but when I log it into the administrator user account, the second layout and flash videos play without issue. I have tried deleting all the media files and let them download ago still the same issue. I have deleted the schedule file and it downloaded again and still the same issue.

I have attached the log:
flash layout error.pdf (138.4 KB)

Like I said before, I have 299 other clients running these two layouts just fine, and running under the locked down user account.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks, guys!
Nathan Rowe

I tried a full reinstall and still no luck. So since I was seeing this just on one user account, I deleted the account and let it create it again. These are domain managed accounts, so it pulled all the same settings through the GP, but after it finished a gpupdate and log-off and back on, the flash content started to work. So this issue was a windows one with some level of corruption on the user account. Just wanted to comment again in case someone else has this issue.