Installing Xibo on a windows server 2012 virtual machine (Over Hyper-V)

I am trying to follow the instructions and to install Xibo on a windows server 2012 under docker. The installation guide says to install docker toolbox (Which is an older version of docker for windows server versions that doesn’t support ‘docker for windows’). when trying to run the docker quickstart terminal I get an error regarding virtualization mode. I understand it, but the problem is that my windows server 2012 is a virtual machine itselg over our company’s Hyper-V and it seems there is no way to enable virtualization mode in the BIOS for a Hyper V virtual Machine.
Do I miss something?
Can anyone recommend what is the optimal installation architecture for windows server? Should I try to work with windows server 2016? I understand from the Xibo documentation it is not fully supported.

Please assist ASAP.

Thanks,
Yariv

Docker on Server 2016 is for Windows containers and isn’t suitable for Xibo.

If you cannot run Docker on your virtualised Windows server, then I would suggest either:

Getting a Linux VM setup, and following the guide here:

or, if that isn’t possible, then you will need to do a custom installation, without Docker. Details for the requirements for that are in the manual, but that is considerably more difficult than the other options.

Ok, thanks for your quick answer

Hi Alex,

We are trying to install Xibo on Ubuntu 16.04. Everything went well but when we run docker-compose there is a problem with mysql. It keeps rebotting. Docker-compose logs show the following error over and over again:
[Note] mysqld (mysqld 5.6.37) starting as process 1 …
cms-db_1 | 2017-07-29 02:38:00 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).

Thanks,
Yariv

Ok, so it’s fine now after the third attempt to install. I think it has something to do with access right. Otherwise I didn’t do anything different and it works fine now.

1 Like