Installation Guide 1.7.0 on window xp 32 bit

I am new for this topics. I downloaded xibo-cms-1.7.0.zip. I overviewed some php file. my environment is window xp 32 bit, with PHP/MYSQL. I overviewed a similar topics which is still unclear to me. I got localhost in the apache webserver. Your support would be appreciated for executing file to get installation.

Have a look here http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_cms.html

If it’s a fresh install I’d recommend 1.7.6 version, there is no point in installing 1.7.0 at the moment (you’d need to upgrade it anyway) - https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/releases/tag/1.7.6

Hello Peter

I appreciated for your support. I will overview it.

Hello Peter

After fill out below:
select an existing database
host: localhost
database name:test
database username:root
database pw: secret

The following error message is below:

An error occurred populating the database. Statement number: 57. Error Message = [SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1022 Can’t write; duplicate key in table ‘#sql-590_f’]. File = [Array]. SQL = [ALTER TABLE blacklist ADD CONSTRAINT blacklist_ibfk_1 FOREIGN KEY (MediaID) REFERENCES media (mediaID), ADD CONSTRAINT blacklist_ibfk_2 FOREIGN KEY (DisplayID) REFERENCES display (displayid)].

It looks like you are installing into the same place twice - Xibo needs a fresh empty database

Hello Dan

Now, once entering admin/password, Xibo displays Dashboard. Schedule, Design and etc.

Questions:1) I checked manual in the bottom, web redirected other site for documentation. But, due to my novice, it might need a detailed manual instruction material.

1. do Xibo also require the installation of window player (xibo-clinet-1.7.6-win32.msi) in my PC? If would be required, why do it require?

2. if I want to install LCD/LED TV panel and display some information through my PC storing information, in house, I guess LED TV needs some device (other PC?).
    how does system configure?

Thanks

1. Manual, this very site (faq, guides, our Knowledge base) should be sufficient to find most information you might require - if not you can always ask.

1. Xibo CMS which you already have is a platform to manage all the content, displays etc. To actually display the content you create in the CMS you do need a display client - at the moment supported are Windows and Android Clients.

So you’d need a Windows/Android device connected to some screen/monitor, with Xibo for Windows(Android) installed on it. Then once that device is connected to your CMS, you can start scheduling content(layouts) from your CMS to display on your client screen.

Hello Peter

what type devices of each clients (window clients and android clients) are recommended in order to connect to screen/monitor?

We do have a list of recommended android devices - Recommended Android Hardware
There are more and less powerful devices on that list.

As for Windows clients, there is some feedback here What is currently the best player hardware? and here Intel Stick Computer and probably few more topics on this site.

Peter, thank you for info. I am looking into Video training for CMS operation.

Hell Peter

When open CMS through username/pw, all features are enabled except Design, Library, Displays, Administration, Advanced are disabled in the Dashboard. When overviewing video training, they click Design to check layout. But, I cannot do it because “Design” is disabled. Window clients are installed in the same PC. Brower is Firefox.

Thanks

Hello Peter

Updated :
My bad, video clicks layout in Design. Now I got each title and subtitle. Please ignore my inquiry.

Thanks

It’s all good, don’t worry about it, I am glad it’s ok now :smile:

Just so you know, I didn’t ignore your question before, just we don’t really work on weekends (well at least I don’t)