Image from Dataset not appearing on Windows Player

I’ve started facing trouble to display images from internal library by using dataset. It was working before but suddenly is not working anymore. I’ve created a dataset which the last column is image type and inserted a pure dataset view on a layout including all columns. It shows correctly in preview but just does not show the images on players. I’ve tried in different players and the problem is the same in all of them.

I’ve checked the Xibo Library folder of player and noticed that the image file is not present there. It’s not present in requiredFiles.xml as well, it looks like the CMS is not including the images selected on dataset to player downloading.

There are some screenshots attached with a very simple dataset view that I created to illustrate the issue. The file 77.jpg that was supposed to be in player library folder isn’t there. No errors is found in player log.

I’ve appreciate If someone could help me to trace the cause of issue.

Thank you,

Beto

I’ve confirmed that it is indeed an issue in 1.8.2, please see - https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1288

The work around would be to either sent this image via different module to the player like ticker/image then it will be downloaded to the player local library and dataSet view module that you use will display it correctly as well.

As a side note, you can control the image size with simple css like for example:
img {width:40%;}

Can I check if this issue affects versions previous to 1.8.2?

I’ve written here previously about this issue for me which we will encounter frequently on Version 1.8.0

Thanks,
Justin

Most definitely yes, if it’s in 1.8.2 and does not seem like a regression bug, then it is present in earlier 1.8 series versions as well and will be fixed in 1.8.3.

Great. Can I copy that piece of code from your patch into my 1.8.0 version to fix?

Assuming you have the source code downloaded then sure you can add the patch Dan made and linked in that issue.

I’d recommend doing upgrade to 1.8.2 first and then to apply this patch, alternatively wait for the 1.8.3 release/ use the work around I’ve mentioned.