I would like to solve the problem that screen transitions are not smooth.

I am using Xibo Player for WebOS to play videos. However, it is not smooth when switching between videos.Generally, the screen is black for 1-3 seconds.

Could you please tell me the cause of this problem?

Hi Kenji, welcome

Its a known issue, more information here:

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I will try it as soon as possible.

Fish is right - with some updates which I will note here.

The technology used to display video between player types is not the same, each player runs on a different OS and has different limitations when it comes to gap less.

Android: gapless playback is fully supported from late v2 R207 (device must have more than one hardware based video decoder)
Windows: the linked article is still relevant
webOS/Tizen: performs somewhere between Android/Windows and is a limitation of the operating system - later versions improve the behaviour

I think the last post of the linked topic is right, and this is on my list of things to investigate. However as the OP notes, we need to rewrite some of the rendering logic to solve the problem fully.

My experience was that when you configure a UHD Layout with 3840x2160 instead of fullHD with 1920x1080 then you have this gap between videos.
Our solution was to change the layout size (one year ago).
As I remember UHD is not “supported” on webOS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.