I need some help with REPEAT feature

Hi everyone.

I will try to explain this as simply as possible. I have a primary campaign that runs all the time. Then, I have 7 layouts (one for Sundays, one for Mondays, etc) that I want to run every 90 seconds or 2 minutes. So, most of this is easy enough, right? I set the Sunday layout to a higher priority than the campaign, then set it to repeat every two minutes. But how do I set it to do this every Sunday (and only on Sunday)? I need to do that for each day of the week and I’m just not seeing how to pull it off. I assume it must be possible, considering all the other fancy features I’ve come across, but I’m just not able to figure this one out.

Any help would be appreciated!

Usually it’s not recommended to create so many events (and event repeating every 2 min would give you quite a lot of events each day).

How long is your normal campaign?

It would be more suitable to schedule your day specific layout with the same priority as the main campaign so player would cycle through both events.

You could also create a day specific campaigns, that would include the day specific layout and be set to play all day repeating weekly (so you’d have total of 7 events), which might be the best approach.

thank you. I think I understand your last paragraph and agree that that sounds like an easy way to take care of it. I’m going to give it a shot and will post back here if I have any other questions about it. Thank you again for your help!

Hi there…

I followed your advice (I think). I created 7 campaigns (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc.). The campaigns are made up of the normal rotation along with the daily agenda slide that I wanted included. Total run-time is 90 seconds. I set it to repeat weekly on Thursday. I left the “Until” section blank, so that it just keeps going indefinitely. BUT… I don’t understand what I am supposed to put in the “Repeat Every” box. It’s already been told to repeat every Thursday. The campaign itself is set to run all day (4:30am-11:45pm). So, what other information does xibo need to know? I’m just really confused about what to put in this blank.

Thanks!

1 you will want to enter 1 in Repeat every

Basically it goes like this.

You set the Repeats to one of the following per minute, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly.
Then in Repeat every you set the number to specify how often should that event be repeated.
ie every 1 hour, every 2 days etc.

In your case it should be set to Weekly and repeat every 1, as you want to repeat that event every week.

If you’d set 2 there then it would repeat every 2 weeks on Thursday.

I hope that makes sense? Please see the manual page for your reference https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/scheduling.html

Thank you. Your explanation makes sense… it’s just not very intuitive on the page itself. I appreciate it!