How will I know if my Android 14-day trial is done?

It’s been more than 14-days,

My android device is still getting updates but not consistently, the worst workaround I did is to delete xibo data in android and re-download everything again, but it downloaded all the latest changes I made in the layout.

Is it just an issue with the android device or my free trial is just finished?

This is also the error appearing in our xibo admin console:

java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "cms.example.org": No address associated with hostname

Thank you guys! :slight_smile:

Below are instructions on how to check if your trial/license is active:

1. On your android player, click the screen once to reveal an options bar at the top of the screen.
  2. Select the Status option.
  3. This should open the Status page. Under the general options area, you should see Licenced. If the value states True, your current licence/trial is still active. Your current license type should be noted in the brackets that follow (full, trial, etc). If the value is false, then the trial licence has expired.

Please note that once the licence has expired, the player will continue to show already downloaded content. Once the data already sent to the player is finished, the default screen will show until new content is received from a licenced account. I have included some links to both the products and licencing pages below:

The “java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host “cms.example.org”: No address associated with hostname” error you are encountering may be due to the XMR public address not being configured correctly. Below are instructions on where to find these settings:

1. Inside your CMS, select the Settings option.
  2. You should then see an option for Displays.
  3. Within the Displays tab, you will see an option for Public XMR address. Please note that if you wish to disable, enter DISABLED all in capital letters

An example of a valid XMR public address would be tcp://cms.DOMAIN:PORT, where DOMAIN is replaced by your customer account domain and PORT with the port on which you wish to communicate. Please note that the default port is 9505.

1 Like

Hi DanBW,

Thank you for the quick answer, just more question, does the XMR address necessary for the Android device to work?

Why does before we are not having any errors like this? What commonly is the trigger for this type of error?

Thank you,