How to substitute a layout being display for another?

Hello, I am starting to learn how to use XIBO 1.7. And i am facing the following problem:
I have a layout (layout 1) which is programed to be played until April 3th. That layout is displaying now in the monitors.
On the other hand I have created another layout (layout 2) which I would like to display immediately (today) substituting the layout 1.
How can I substitute the new layout 2 for the layout 1 which is being displayed at this moment?

Thanks and regards.

You can either:

• Delete your old schedule from the Schedule screen and then create a new schedule for your new layout

OR

• Create a new schedule for your new layout and tick the Priority box (which will override the old layout until the new schedule expires)

Thank you for your reply Alex.

i tried both options but none of them worked. Even deleting the event from the schedule screen it continues appearing.

It seems to be a comunication problem betwen the display and the computer. However, the network is working and the images of the new layout appear in the folder of the xibo player in the player, but still is not working.

could it be possible that there is a big delay between i program a campaing and it appears in the display?

Thanks and regards

I expect you have media items with very long durations on them? The Player will continue playing the current layout until it finishes so if that takes an hour for example then you could be waiting some time

Hello,

I still have the same problem, we tried everything but is not workings. It seems to be a bug or something.
I have a layout which is programed and diplayed correcly, but if I want to stop that layout and reproduce a second one its impossible!. The first layout keeps on reproducing, we tried to stop it, to delete it, everything but it continues diplaying and the second layout cant be showned, we dont know what else to do.

Is anybody else experiencing the same difficulty?
Thanks for the support

What durations do you have on the media on your first layout? What is on the client information screen (press i on the client to bring it up)?

Hi Alex, thanks for your quick response. Right now, i cant access to the xibo client to see the information, although I can tell the the durations of the items of the first layout, I have 3 images with 10 seconds each.

Regards

If you could kindly provide screenshots or photos of the client information screen, or paste over the logs from it then when you’re able.

Hello, here we prepared a document with the step by step and screenshoots:
http://cmdesign.com.uy/xibo_problem.pdf

Thanks

What are the errors logged on the client information screen?

Is all there, in the pdf i sent the link. There are all the printscreens, but we dont know how to interpretate what it says.

All I can see is Web exception then it’s cut off. Please can you export the log. That’s all I’ve been asking for for a whole day now. If you can’t provide simple logs then I’m afraid i can’t help you further.

Alex, first of all thanks again for our time & help, I understand that you asked the Ctl I Xibo client print screen, I already sent it in the Doc file that i attached, where i tried to explain all the steps that i Did, I thought that doing this you can check that we are doing the correct process.

In the following link you can find the information that you asked

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0mC7iItM6wUbUhCUDZxRkZzUXM/view?usp=sharing

I did not find where i can export the logs from xibo website, I export it from mysql database, if doesnt work for you, please tell me the way that you want.
I export it in serveral format, also in the ZIP file i attach the Ctrl I print screen.

Something that recently found is if i close the xibo client and then i re open it it will show the new layout or if I erase a layout, when i re open it, show the default layout…

Again, many thanks!

On the client information screen, at the bottom, there’s a button to export the client log so we can see what the error messages say. The button is in the screenshot you sent earlier!

Sometimes the xibo players generate the LOG but other times NOT
The unique line that are writen in the LOGO is:

ScheduleManagerThread|27/03/2015 10:59:46|Error|ScheduleManager - LoadNewSchedule|Unable to determine if layout is valid or not

Which is the estimate time between the server send the layout to xibo client and it will be execute on it??

Thanks

I’m sorry I can’t help you further in that case.

In order to proceed I need the complete logs from the display that you show in your screenshot. There are multiple errors in that screenshot but we have no idea what they say. Without those I’d be guessing as to the cause.

Please provide the complete logs

Hello,

Just wanted to share that we solved our problem by changing the configuration of the display, which was set to update between 600 s, and we changed it to 5 s. now is working ok! So I recomend to check that in case anywone experiences the same problem.

Thanks anyways, and regards.

I can’t seem to find where you change the timing on the display? My problem is that none of my displays are updating.

You set the collection interval in the Player settings. If you’re using a 1.7 CMS then it’s in a Display Settings Profile on the CMS. Those are explained in the CMS Post Installation guide which you’ll find stickied on the front page of the site.