How to set tv to standby during night hours with running Windows Mini PC?

Hi there,

I do not have a tv and a mini pc at the moment, but I am planing to get both to use them as a signage system. So I am not able to test now, but I am collection information to set up the system as soon as I get it.

I will probably get a Beelink BT3 Pro and a 40" tv, connected with HDMI. During nights the tv should be set in standby. Here (Power ON/OFF for Xibo Players) I found some information to let Windows go to sleep - and I think using the taskplaner I can wake it up again in the morning. Am i right?

But I don’t know if the tv will go to sleep automatically if the pc sleeps, too. Should this be the case with all tvs?

Or would it be a better solution to activate a blank screen screensaver on the mini pc at night? Would Xibo let the screensaver overwrite the screen? It would be nice if the pc could also run during nights, because of making updates etc.

Any hints for me what would be the best solution to achieve a sleeping tv during the night (with a non sleeping pc)?

Thanks!

Xibo currently disables the sleep function on your PC.

You best bet would be to check out the different brands of TVs around to see if they have a Timer On/Off function.

I know that the Samsung and Veon (NZ only?) have this function.

You mean to set a time, when the tv is on and off, set by itself?

But this cannot be changed from remote. So any other idea?