How to communicate/Consume the PHP cms Xibo with the java Rest client API?

Hi,
I am new to this CMS and Signage player stuff.

When i had a look on the Xibo CMS, it was written in the PHP with SOAP services.
I am doing a small poc which contacts the CMS to create a users, layout from the Java.

So How to get all the services of the CMS and the wsdl file from the Java client API which i have written?
How to disable the OAuth Support of CMS(because java client has to communicate with it).
How CMS is storing the user password in DB(in Xibo documentation it said MD5 encryption but when i tried it was not)?

The SOAP webservice is for communication from the CMS to the Players for them to download content. It can’t be used to administer the server.

There’s an API for that which is OAuth authenticated. Your application will need to support that to talk to it, although I don’t think the current API in 1.7 stable releases does everything you need.

The API in 1.8 is much wider reaching but 1.8 is still in alpha testing.

Passwords are stored salted and hashed. You can set a password as MD5 by also setting CSPRNG field to 0 at the same time as setting the password in MD5 format, and it will be converted to the stronger storage type when the user first logs in.

1 Like

Thanks for your response and Sorry for the late reply.

So CMS server is the only application need to use for adding layouts and media!!!.
Is there any way that i can store the layouts or media from my java client to CMS Server?

And is it possible to add the SMIL text as a layout
(I tried to insert the SMIL text into DB but it was showing “This is an old format layout, please consider upgrading using the options menu”. After up-gradation it was showing that the layout is INVALID.)

You should create your layouts through the API only. As 1.7 CMS API is somewhat limited there you will probably need to use a 1.8 series CMS to get the functionallity you need.

SMIL is a completely different system. You can’t insert SMIL code in the database and expect it to work - just as you couldn’t give PostgreSQL a MySQL database file and expect it to load it.