How to change the screen size?

Hi,

My layout is in 1280x720. I have two different devices:
MK809IV 4K, Android 5.1.1: in “Status”, it is mentionned “screen size : 1280 x 720”
H96max+ 4K, Android 7.1.2 : in “Status”, it is mentionned “screen size : 1980 x 1080” for the same layout ! It is a problem, my videos are pixelled on this device! I tried to change the HDMI resolution but it changes nothing about the screen size in “status”.

How can I have the same screen dimension (1280x720) on these both two devices?

Best regards.

By default the display profile width/height is set to 0 and 0 (ie detect screen size), you could set it in the display profile to exact resolution you need, you’d still want to change the resolution on the device though - otherwise it would not cover the whole screen.

Alternative would be a 1080p layout with content matching 16:9 aspect ratio scheduled to the display that has the same resolution.

Hi,

So:

1. I wrote “1280x720” or “1280 x 720” (which syntax is good?) in the “Screen Dimensions” field in Display Settings > Location,
  2. I reboot the device and changed resolution in the HDMI parameters, from 1920x1080p60 to 1280x720p60. I connected to the CMS.
    but nothing changes in the Status… Still screen size 1920 x 1080.

What is wrong?

Thanks.

As per the helpText under that field Override the screen dimensions (left,top,width,height). Requires restart.

ie
would be what you want to enter there if you want 1280x720 resulution.

Thanks Peter,

Unfortunatly, when I entrer these parameters, my layout appears in a small version, on the top left of the screen… Even if I change HDMI parameters, it changes nothing…

Best regards.

Can you confirm what version of CMS and the Android Player you are using and provide a screenshot of the settings you have entered?

Please also provide a screenshot of the Layout appearing as a smaller version on the top left of the screen.

Many Thanks.

Hello Daniel,

My CMS version: 1.7.8.
Android player: H96 max+, android 8.1.0, Kerven 4.4.120.

Joined files: display settings + layout

screen on the screen.

Best regards.

Thank you for the screenshots.

Can you also check the resolution that has been set for your Layout? To do this, select the Layouts option in your CMS, click the down facing arrow at the end of the layout and choose Edit from the menu. Once the Edit Layout window opens, click the Background tab and you will see the Resolution field.

Many Thanks.

Sorry but I don’t see the background tab. There is only, in “Edit layout”, the “General” and “Description” tabs…

My apologies, I had forgotten that the Background setting is in a different location on 1.7 CMS. You can locate the Background settings by opening the Layout in Designer, then click the Options button above the canvas. You should see a Background option here. The Resolution setting will then be visible.

Many Thanks.

Hi,

In Backgound properties, I have “Resolution: 720P Landscape”. When I change to 1080p HD landscape, the background gets smaller, but it’s not what I want…

Best regards

Thank you for your confirming the resolution of your Layout. I have been reading through your messages again as it has been some time since we discussed this issue you are having.

So to recap, you have 2 devices, both running Xibo for Android Players. When you schedule the same layout to both of these Players, on the status screen of Player 1, it says 1280x720 but on Player 2 it says 1920x1080.

What is the model number of the screen you have attached to Player 2? Is it the same screen as you have attached to Player 1?

If the native resolution of the screen attached to Player 2 is 1920x1080 but the screen attached to Player 1 is 1280x720, you may need to create 2 different versions of your Layout so that they each fit the screen resolution correctly. So the Layout for Player 1 would have a 720p Landscape resolution and the other a 1080p Landscape resolution.

Many Thanks.